Need Aleph L Service Manual

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have played with 1822's some yeas ago and have not found anything special about them. Besides I have learned never to bypas any signal cap, it works best in my opinion, the thing is the cap has to be great. The caps listed and mentioned being compared to 1822 are all far away on "very best signal caps" list (if such list exist).

Try Siemens MKV really, you will not find anything even close to their performance not spendig at least 10x ona cap if not 20x on the audiophile caps. Try this link:

siemens mkv | eBay

Best Regards

Joined 2009
Paid Member
MKT1822

I have heard the MKT1822 in the squawker of my Klipsch Forte, 1uF5 needed and...

The sound is pleasant for my ears, more body than the original caps.
After some time enjoying the relaxedness, I missed the attack, they sound a bit too nice.
For the price a good cap but nothing extraordinary.

Heck... I am open to trying anything. The Elna's just do not sound good by themselves. Unfortunately I do not have much room on these boards as original layout was for multiple small electrolytic's. So I have to place caps on both sides.
Zygibjit... I must kindly disagree that paralleling caps is wrong or can not sound good. IMHO correct combination of parallel caps through experimentation can be audio heaven. You probably do not know but I am on Sound Police duty I attend live concerts as often as I can so I have good basis for comparison.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.