F5 and F5 Turbo measurements

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guys

There are possibly 15,000+ posts devoted to the F5 and Turbo, I simply haven't the time to go through them all.

Does anyone have any definitive measurements please ? Especially power into 8 & 4 ohms and pulsed power into 2 & 1 ohms ?

The 2012 pdf says with modification you can get 38A into 0.1 ohm, way more than I need !

But even measurements of a standard F5 would be good. I can't find a copy of the Audio Express either ?

Thanks

Dave

Last edited:
how about rephrasing the question, and perhaps telling us what your application for the amp may be?

As AndrewT said, you can make the F5T suit many different variations of power requirements, its just a matter of implementation. This is a DIY project, and you can tune the outcome to your liking within restraints.

One can not exceed the SOA of the output devices.

That's the place to start.

Armed with this information you can determine how many devices of what type using what rail voltages and what bias point are required to produce what power into a given load.

As far as measuring distortion, that is another question.
Perhaps you might ask that one if ur interested.

_-_-bear

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.