Aleph 1000 ready for reality! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th September 2014, 09:43 AM   #1
n3szd is offline n3szd  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Aleph 1000 ready for reality!

As I write this, I am ready to make the 1000w per channel aleph "real". 2kw/ch @ 4 ohms. I am only interested in projects that go above and beyond convention. I still wait for the "wizard" to write me back.. He always does.

In another coffee overdose, I saw where this can lead to, beyond what is conceived today. The technology in the future updates may trickle all the way down to cell phones etc... But for now I will just settle with the aleph 1000, plain and simple.

While my company "Nuclear Amplifier Research" will not call it an aleph, it will still have key switches on the power supplies, call them "pass keys". Yes gm would not be happy, they are only metaphorical. However the name pass would be in gold on the keys along with on the other side NAR.

Further advances in technology, have made it useful in homes now, not just special places. I have worked out the kinks very well. Applications are many. efficiency has been increased to like 80%. For a huge "SET", that's not bad...

Investors are waiting, even Magnepan is waiting. I'm waiting too, because I would need CCS, and a deal for 10 units, then I need 5 dealers, then stereophile. Then HISTORY! Worst case scenario, I need a "real" job, where my genius can be utilized.

Einstein was kinda smart, E=MC2 wasn't bad, but it does not apply anymore. It was all we were supposed to know. But you know scientists, they just don't quit... and they need to, they have entered a realm where they are not allowed to go.....

Someday the grasshopper would spread his wings and fly, tought by the "wizard" not only of audio, but compassion for others. To "give". And so NAR would continue that tradition, to pass along the info so you can make your own too, with guidance. The "next" generation...

My disclaimers will be simple. NAR is not responsible for "Anything", nothing that has happened to any amplifier in the history of the world, or the future. Including acts of god, death and destruction of homes or towns. Use at your own risk "sign here".

Hey, this would only be baby steps, the updates to it are mind blowing! And NAR is not going to stop there.... How about the 2kw "SET" vaccuum tube set? Seen one lately?

Dare to dream and dream to live,
Robert Perry

Last edited by n3szd; 17th September 2014 at 10:58 AM.
Old 17th September 2014, 10:37 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

This is NO joke folks, it's the real deal. While the name Nuclear Amplifier Research is reserved, it is not a "company" yet, soon though. The avitar is of my new wife to be Janet, in a rough world I found a shining diamond. She has to sign all amps..
Rob
Old 17th September 2014, 10:46 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

there is no "clunk", the x-1000 the way it was supposed to be, and down the road way more than that, both put together, and then some :-)
Old 17th September 2014, 12:09 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Take pictures and just make sure you have a healthy supply of lead shielding.

best of luck in your ventures!!
Old 17th September 2014, 12:39 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3szd View Post
The avitar is of my new wife to be Janet, in a rough world I found a shining diamond.
, Avatar

Give some more pics. of avatar
Old 17th September 2014, 01:04 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

I don't quite follow this thread. 1000W Class A - I don't think so. Is this another Class A to a certain point then Class B.

I've auditioned a few Pass Alephs and the Aleph 4 is fantastic, producing Class A up to 100W.
Old 17th September 2014, 01:52 PM   #7
Bigun is offline Bigun  Canada
diyAudio Member

oh my gosh, you are going to scare your neighbours !
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.
Old 17th September 2014, 05:55 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Where did you been so long?

Aleph 1000 design stage

over a year nothing

and now bang he`s back again
Old 18th September 2014, 12:19 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Well I will try to answer what I can, no it's not just "class A" It is SET class A. No AB never. The big boy aleph, but it won't be called that, maybe called chernobyl. The wizard says 150v rails will give me 1kw per channel at 8 ohms with something like 70 output devices per channel and 3kw idle power per channel, I asked about isotops? I want to make it simple, which I already did back in the coffee death throws. And then I did it again, and created something the world may have never dreampt of, which I can't discuss now. All I can say is that gears are turning. Cooling is no issue, Power is no problem. CCS is. Hey we put men on the moon with a simple handheld calculator, we are in the 21'st century now, almost anything is possible.

Why have I been gone? well a bunch of reasons, bad meds, mental issues, no Job, almost loosing my home, applying for disability because I have been proven a homicidal female by health professionals, seriously, I have the paperwork to prove it, well ok, it was my son, I guess i straightened him out by what i did..... My current wife did say that there is a fine line between genius and insanity, guess I fall somewhere in between. Can I do it, no doubt, but need the "wizard" too. And there is smoke signals in cali.

As far as the new wife, I'm just so glad that with all the bad stuff comes the best thing in the world, Janet. And she is real low maintenance.

So, yes i'm back, and yes there will also be a 1kw ch SET tube amp to come as well.

Rob
Old 18th September 2014, 01:06 AM   #10
Bigun is offline Bigun  Canada
diyAudio Member

No doubt you are crazy, but it would be neat to see you build this thing - let's see some action !!!
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.

Hide this!Advertise here!