Rising DC Offset

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
On the underside of the board, you can see the connection from the R13 to the R19 and thus, connecting it to the Q8.

Attachments

• Pete's Aj-x.jpg
    Pete's Aj-x.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 119
  • Peter's board.png
    Peter's board.png
    580.9 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
you lost me there ........

I insisted on confirming +/- PSU voltage on amp pcb , as a way to confirm both PSU functionality and GND existence on amp pcb itself

regarding leaving just one pair of mosfets connected for tests - that's way of simplifying things - and leave connected just ones necessary for proper amp functionality ; as I'm not having direct experience with PD pcbs , I can't be certain which position(s) of output mosfets is crucial , without enclosed both ref. schematic and decent pcb pictures

so - what to do first ......... disconnect all (output mosfet's) source resistors ( lift one resistor end from pcb .... or desolder source wire -probably easier in your case) ; that way all mosfets are out of circuit , so we can check functionality of input side .

gnd both inputs .

power amp on - check functionality of input LTP - that means - measure all important nodes of input LTP CCS , and voltage across input JFet drain resistor

please attach (or link to ) ref. schematic with results

if you do that - I can write exactly what and how to measure

then we can proceed

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Thanks ZM. Should I disconnect the input from the ground as well?.......

all the time - until it's ready to sing

T...... I also noticed that the board vibrates when it's powered up and the transformer buzzes.

??!

with or without mosfets in circuit ?

even if I can't see anything wrong on your pictures , you're th eone who need to check every connection

insert Ampermeter in each rail (one by one ) , between cap bank and pcb and measure - without mosfets you'll have up to 20-30mA , no more

with mosfets - increased for Iq

all the time - until it's ready to sing

??!

with or without mosfets in circuit ?

even if I can't see anything wrong on your pictures , you're th eone who need to check every connection

insert Ampermeter in each rail (one by one ) , between cap bank and pcb and measure - without mosfets you'll have up to 20-30mA , no more

Hi ZM. You mean ground the inputs all the time until it is ready to sing?

The board vibrates with and without the mosfets connected. It wasn't there before.

So, one probe on the negative rail and one probe on the negative of the amp board pcb to test the ampere and then repeat the same for the positive rail, is this correct?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi ZM. You mean ground the inputs all the time until it is ready to sing?

yup

The board vibrates with and without the mosfets connected. It wasn't there before.

that's confusing .......

So, one probe on the negative rail and one probe on the negative of the amp board pcb to test the ampere and then repeat the same for the positive rail, is this correct?

yup

find some tutorial on web , how to make basic measurements

look here , for instance :Basic Car Audio Electronics

look at right menu - Digital Multimeter

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
you mean - one pcb is drawing 0,54mA from pos and and 0.21mA from neg rail ?

with JFets in place , just mosfets removed from circuit ?

as I said :

you mean - one pcb is drawing 0,54mA from pos and and 0.21mA from neg rail ?

Yes, please see attached picture on how I took the measurement.

with JFets in place , just mosfets removed from circuit ?

Yes, with JFets in place and mosfets removed from the circuit.

as I said :

Should I take the measurement as in picture 'fets measurement.png4'?

Thanks, ZM.

Attachments

• fets measurement.png3.png
    fets measurement.png3.png
    882.4 KB · Views: 76
  • fets measurement.png4.png
    fets measurement.png4.png
    351 KB · Views: 69
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.