matching of PSU caps usefull?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear Pass Labs fans,

A few days ago I received my Panasonic 47000uF / 50V caps for my Aleph 5 project.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Now I'm wondering if it is useful to match them for each channel. The theory behind my question is that a difference in capacitance would result in a difference in rail-ripple voltage and thus an output distortion.

The PSU I plan to build will look like the picture below:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Am I totally wrong here or would this really make a difference? :confused:

Thank you in advance,

Erik

Thank you

First of all thats for your support. I'll see what happens when I connect them ;)

Placing a lot of them in parallel is not an option (47.000uF remember?). But with a much smaller capacitance that would be an option.

Erik.

PS: I expect to publish my whole story and pics of my amp soon... Finaly after 1 year of thinking and searching for cheap components. :cannotbe: :)

Re: Thank you

Cr3ator said:
First of all thats for your support. I'll see what happens when I connect them ;)

Placing a lot of them in parallel is not an option (47.000uF remember?). But with a much smaller capacitance that would be an option.

Erik.

PS: I expect to publish my whole story and pics of my amp soon... Finaly after 1 year of thinking and searching for cheap components. :cannotbe: :)

soon is a great word :D for me i think

gr Jaac

Alain Dupont said:
Question: Could you tell where you bought these
Panasonic 47000uF / 50V

And also where to find these enclosures...

Alain.

I bought the caps at Farnell.
They cost about €32,00 each.

I obtained the enclosure on the picture for free at the University of Twente, where I study Electrical Engeneering. It contained some RCL filters for experiments. A lot of old devices are thrown away these days. You don't hear me complaining about it. ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.