FirstWatt.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone seen this yet?

www.firstwatt.com

"Aleph X"... that name sounds mighty familiar, but I can't seem to remember where I heard it before??? But the real question is, how will it stand up next to a Peter Daniel custom built chassis? :D

Seriously though, can't wait to see some pictures. All of the Pass Labs products have been a real source of inspiration for my DIYing.

Nelson Pass said:
Don't get too excited. The amps are ugly and prosaic, at
least compared to Peter's.

Prosaic? Now that's just supercilious and pedantic!

;)

Seriously folks, I spent some time in the CES booth and metalwork was on display for The First Watt amplifiers. While not as fancy as the XA or X series the example I saw was VERY nice, very high fit and finish quality, serious aluminum front panel, serious heatsinks...serious all around. I think I have the info sheet somewhere...

Three cheers for Mr. Pass!!!

Mr. Pass, which version of the Aleph-X schematic will you be using? Will you publish it? I would love to build one of these, but I haven't made it through the thread to figure out which one is best/right/decent/not working....I found the thread a few bazillion posts after it started and I'm probably not the only one unable to spend the time to keep up with it.

Back to building speakers for me....

Scott Hinson

Nelson Pass said:
Don't get too excited. The amps are ugly and prosaic, at
least compared to Peter's.

Any photographs yet? I perused most of the CES show reports online but wasn't able to find any photos of the FirstWatt amps.

Anything's gotta be better than those Volksamp versions. While the X series stuff looks good, I still have a soft spot for that little "cubist sea urchin" Aleph 3. Any chance of reviving that chassis?

se

Attachments

• aleph3.jpg
    aleph3.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 3,599
Sounds great

Nelson Pass said:
The price has not been fixed, but will be the least expensive
thing I have offered since about 1978.

I do not know what you offered in 1978. The first Threshhold product I listened to was in 1981. In 1982 a friend had a real sweet 50 watter. Seems like it was around a 1000 - 1200.00 if I remember. But if it is priced in the realm of the Volksamp Aleph 30 is sounds like you should sell a lot.
A real quiet 15 watt X would sit very pretty in my system. I just need to peddle some stuff on A-Gon so momma does not find out.

George

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.