The diyAudio Firstwatt F6

Looking nice already, ...but since we are asking: what about placing trimmers in paralel to R1 and R2 for variable second harmonic adjustment ?

That would be even nicer :D

The upper layer is not mandatory as there are no "crossroads" on the layout

Attachments

• F6 Fotoansicht 4.6.2014.jpg
    F6 Fotoansicht 4.6.2014.jpg
    429.6 KB · Views: 2,616
For the bias supply there's just one led, 1.7V. I think the bias is supposed to be adjustable up to 5V.

I have blue LEDs in my F6 and can easily bias the Semisouth R100 to 1.5A or higher.

It might be necessary to use two blue LEDs in series with MOSFETs in the power stage however. There is enough space on the bord to modify it accordingly.

Last edited:

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Request for interest -

If you are interested in a set of these boards, could you please reply in this thread? This is merely to gauge what the interest is in this project.

It seems to be getting a fair amount of views, so now is the time to speak up if you haven't yet. :D

One thing worth mentioning, the diyAudio store is looking into stocking the Jensen transformers, probably bundled with the PCB. (The PCB will also be available separately.) This way sourcing the transformer will be easy.

Joined 2011
Request for interest -

If you are interested in a set of these boards, could you please reply in this thread? This is merely to gauge what the interest is in this project.

It seems to be getting a fair amount of views, so now is the time to speak up if you haven't yet. :D

One thing worth mentioning, the diyAudio store is looking into stocking the Jensen transformers, probably bundled with the PCB. (The PCB will also be available separately.) This way sourcing the transformer will be easy.

I'd want one stereo set of pcb and transformers.

Request for interest -

???????????????????????????????? :confused: