The diyAudio Firstwatt F6

Jensen & PCB

One thing worth mentioning, the diyAudio store is looking into stocking the Jensen transformers, probably bundled with the PCB. (The PCB will also be available separately.) This way sourcing the transformer will be easy.

I'm still interested in doing some sort of group buy for the transformers. Just extremely occupied with other things too. And I'm a caregiver for a parent.

Hi Diyers
Waiting time...?
Please i don't have intention to stress somebody
is more my personal diy builds time agenda.
Hope this be not long wait period...end of this year ?
Best regards :)

Attachments

• 05DAA5C9-B25C-4EF8-948E-4F499E32E15E.JPG
    05DAA5C9-B25C-4EF8-948E-4F499E32E15E.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 1,091
Anyone know what's up with the Panasonic TS-UP cap line? (Digi-Key: Part Status: End of Life; Last Time Buy Date: 03-31-2015. Minimums may apply.) They are soon to be discontinued / extict. This puzzles me since it seems to be the norm even to many really high end manufactures...

What would be a reasonable (same sounding) subsitute? This maybe:MAL225650223E3 Vishay BC Components | 4645PHBK-ND | DigiKey

Any recomendations Nelson?

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Panasonic is discontinuing all through-hole capacitors.

Buy the Panasonic now while you can get them. They have a fantastic shelf life, they are not the capacitors of the 70s-80s.

When you can't get them anymore, Nichicon, Elna, Cornell-Dublier are all very nice capacitors.

cwtim01 - the F6 PCB from the diyAudio store will be optimized for the IRFP240, not the SemiSouth. (It will probably work... but the schematic we're working from is from Nelson for the Mosfets, so no promises...) I would suggest the Tea-Bag PCB, it's good for any version.

Last edited:

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
IR. This is true (as far as I know...) for the Pass Labs items as well.

Although there may be some Firstwatt that use the Fairchild, I honestly don't know.

That said, I have used both the Fairchild and IR in various builds and like both.