The Rushmore with Blue LED's??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Did the Pass crew put Blue LED's in the ribbon tweeters?

More pic here

Attachments

• blue_led.jpg
    blue_led.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,048
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
I think the blue light is the radiation given off by the acoustic muse that live within the sole of each Rushmore.

Anyone else notice that they are kind of shaped like the section of a violin?

I read a profile on the work done by Artec Consulting for the work that they did on a concert hall in Philadelphia. The assertion was made that shaping the hall like a very big violin reproduced the acoustic perfection of that instrument within the hall. I have very limited knowledge of acoustics, but I felt that was stretching things a bit.

Attachments

• rsuhmore.jpg
    rsuhmore.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 959
Da5id4Vz said:
I read a profile on the work done by Artec Consulting for the work that they did on a concert hall in Philadelphia. The assertion was made that shaping the hall like a very big violin reproduced the acoustic perfection of that instrument within the hall. I have very limited knowledge of acoustics, but I felt that was stretching things a bit.

Im no acoustics expert either but I agree it sounds very
questionable, and even if it were true, then how would it
affect the sound of other instruments??? On the other hand,
the swedish guitar builder Bolin used to make a special kind
of speaker just for reproducing the sound of acoustic guitars
and they were shaped much like the body of a guitar. That
sounds more sensible, though, than shaping the entire room
like the instrument.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Duck-Twacy said:
Does that mean that the old models, without the light, are now half the price? ;)

I would probably still have to sell my car :D
You would'nt want to sell your car because you'll still need something to transport them home. But the interest rates are still pretty low to get that second mortgage on your house.;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.