I present you my Aleph3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

since 8 months I was working on this DIY project, it was functionnal since this summer but not assemblied.
A few measures:
H=360mm
l =430mm
L=310mm
weithg=31kg (62 pounds I think)

Electricals measures:

1,04A for each IRFP244
difference of current of one channel under the mosfets(min/max) 5mA and 8mA on the other channel
Offset, depending of the heat in the room, actually 5,9mV and 6,7mV for the second channel, the offset was lower this summer(1,2 & 1,7mV).
The amp is a little bit under the 50°C at 20°C in the room and under 40°C in standby mode(half current).

The pictures were difficult to make because this amp shine with the flash and without, my poor camera is not god enough so I tried to do the best I can.
The logo on the front plate is burn chemicaly and 1mm deep.
I had some pictures from the PCB but my son erased them from the PC, I realised the PCB at home with the PC and with a few material, it is easy to make good quality PCBs

How does it sound ?
the biggest supprise was the quality of all details, they come naturally up even if the musical message is complex, the second good supprise was the dynamic of all the range not only in the bass, it's really a very good amp, I use it with a pair of small two ways Audax and when I listen what is coming out from this little speakers I think it will be a revelation with my 15 inchs Tannoy, they will be in service when I have finished the room, at spring I hope.

Many thanks to all for your contribution and a special very big thank for Mr Nelson for his concept and to allow us to use it.

Yonnat.

The pictures now.

Attachments

• afront.jpg
    afront.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,495
Yonnat said:
Hi all,

since 8 months I was working on this DIY project, it was functionnal since this summer but not assemblied.
A few measures:
H=360mm
l =430mm
L=310mm
weithg=31kg (62 pounds I think)

Electricals measures:

1,04A for each IRFP244
difference of current of one channel under the mosfets(min/max) 5mA and 8mA on the other channel
Offset, depending of the heat in the room, actually 5,9mV and 6,7mV for the second channel, the offset was lower this summer(1,2 & 1,7mV).
The amp is a little bit under the 50°C at 20°C in the room and under 40°C in standby mode(half current).

The pictures were difficult to make because this amp shine with the flash and without, my poor camera is not god enough so I tried to do the best I can.
The logo on the front plate is burn chemicaly and 1mm deep.
I had some pictures from the PCB but my son erased them from the PC, I realised the PCB at home with the PC and with a few material, it is easy to make good quality PCBs

How does it sound ?
the biggest supprise was the quality of all details, they come naturally up even if the musical message is complex, the second good supprise was the dynamic of all the range not only in the bass, it's really a very good amp, I use it with a pair of small two ways Audax and when I listen what is coming out from this little speakers I think it will be a revelation with my 15 inchs Tannoy, they will be in service when I have finished the room, at spring I hope.

Many thanks to all for your contribution and a special very big thank for Mr Nelson for his concept and to allow us to use it.

Yonnat.

The pictures now.

Joli plat a baeckehoffe ;)

Re: Standby

Yonnat said:
Hi Jan,

excuse me I had some trouble with my picture is was too big here a little draw better tha a lot of words

Yonnat, is this the PS for the relays only, or for the amp?
I don't realy understand the role of the resistors from the diode bridges tp ground

BTW, your amp looks really good! What is the frontplate made of? It looks new and shiny. My gainclone is made of non anodised aluminium, and I have to clean it everytime someone puts his finger on it, I hope you don't have to do this
Can we see more pictures? I'd like to see the back

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.