Amp is great... power switch not so much

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's been 7 years since the power switch in my Threshold 400A "exploded". This morning the switch in my Stasis 3 failed. Not fun.

The last time I lucked out and found a Panasonic replacement at HSC Surplus. Sadly that store is long gone. Anyone know of a source for a JC1-A8-BB-A? My search shows that this topic comes up now and again... but I see no evidence of anyone actually acquiring one. Ideas?

Due to age this isn't that extraordinary.
Consider retrofitting a soft start circuit.

Agreed, not extraordinary. The data sheet for this breaker/switch specifies MTBF as 6,000(!) operations under bias. That's an average of about one cycle every two days for an amp of this age. Unfortunately, their estimate was about spot on.

If I can find a rocker switch that fits the same cutout I will go that route. An internal 10A slow blow fuse (like most amps) in series with the switch should preserve the amp's stock appearance and improve the tactile feel of the switch over the dreaded "springy" feel of the stock unit. In twenty years of use covering three Threshold amps I have had two failed breakers and zero circuit breaking events. Knock on wood.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.