Peak dca 75 pro anybody have this?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Hello,
I just bought this device and i like it very much.
I have downloaded the software for doing curve tracing,and tested two 2sk170 that came from different people. I know one is real,the other i think is real..the curves in the screens follow parallell to eatch other. They start at the same point exept one is a little higher up than the other..They have different Idss..
Can i asume that the unknow device is also genuine?:confused:

Thank`s for any comments

Gisle

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hello,
I just bought this device and i like it very much.
I have downloaded the software for doing curve tracing,and tested two 2sk170 that came from different people. I know one is real,the other i think is real..the curves in the screens follow parallell to eatch other. They start at the same point exept one is a little higher up than the other..They have different Idss..
Can i asume that the unknow device is also genuine?:confused:

Thank`s for any comments

Gisle

Hi

Here are traces of one 2SK170BL (black lines) and one 2SK170V (red lines) both genuine. Maybe you can draw some conclusions vs your tracing by reading this chart.

These are 7.2mA IDSS and 12mA IDSS parts respectively as reported by DCA 75 Pro at the standard low 3V VDS its using for that parameter. Software Version 1.1.15.1828

Attachments

• Snap K170 2017-07-28.png
    Snap K170 2017-07-28.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 161
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Wow, this was an oldie! I postet this in 2014!! :) Just goes to show that the good people at DiyAudio will help you out in the end. Thank you guys!

I ended up using 2sk170 from Tea-Bag and the lsk170 from the store as reference for the trace, and mine devices match those curves so i think they are good.

Thank`s again for posting the curves so i have verified curves to check against.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
FWIW, the software works just fine on a Mac using a Windows 7 virtual machine under VMware Fusion. There are so many low volume Windows apps that will never be ported to the Mac, so I find it's worth trying them out on Windows under VMware. Usually, they work just fine.

I am doing the VMware thing the other way around i.e. Mac on Win and it also works well.

Attachments

• 2017-07-28_134810.png
    2017-07-28_134810.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 141
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.