Article - Sony VFETs part 1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Thanks, I see :) another thing is: from BAF talk I remember the presenter :) mention that due to SITs impedance you can't drive anything but 8ohm (maybe even in OB) with this amp, however in the article it doesn't spiny that bad. Can you use it for a speaker with a crossover? :)

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Thanks, I see :) another thing is: from BAF talk I remember the presenter :) mention that due to SITs impedance you can't drive anything but 8ohm (maybe even in OB) with this amp, however in the article it doesn't spiny that bad. Can you use it for a speaker with a crossover? :)

I found them well behaved into 4 ohms. I took square law data into 4.

:cool:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Looking forward to this amp. I got VFETs and transformers early, shortly after BAF. I'm working on a DAC now, and watching this story unfold.

I am loving the Aleph J into my Zu Audio speakers (crossover is one cap, as mentioned by ZM)

Thank you some more Nelson Pass!

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Could be I guess. I did the recent upgrade to my Essence speakers, and only a capacitor, which replaced a small bundle of smaller caps was changed, along with unhooking one lead. Perhaps there was a resistor deeper in there on the tweeter itself.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.