New phone numbers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
congratulations again btw :) really lovely facilities,
kind of ironic that what comes out these days from this factory will be almost as warm (on the outside) as the electric kilns before them.

Also, maybe after the leak is fixed, add dropped false ceilings, warm wallpaper and some nice leafy plants to cozy things up for the worker ants ? After all, happy employees make happy customers :)

Buncha kilns vs. a buncha class A amps - almost an even trade. I'll bet the input AC panel for that building is quite impressive...

Betcha also that the building was quite a masterpiece of filthiness before the make-over, as kilns don't make for the cleanest of operating conditions.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
And us with our lowly Continentals on the 310.

One of the best airplanes I've ever heard was a '55 310 with the short exhaust augmenters over the wing... Very distinctive sound.

That said, for amazing noise with tone and personality you need to hear a Twin Bonanza before they are all gone-- a pair of GO-480, swinging 3-blade props, and a pair of big, large diameter, throaty augmenters per engine. It sounds like nothing else, because the exhaust pulses don't exactly correspond with the blade noises and the result is sonorous. (If you like old airplane noise.)

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
:rofl:

well , you asked .........

Babelfish (most probably J2) B17 edition – case for future amp | Zen Mod Blog

IMG_3206.jpg

6L6

Yes we know the song of a 310 quite well; Nelson's father flew a 310Q for many years, and maintained it for a good many more after he sold it.

When the Sr Pass was 70 years old, he rebuilt both powerplants for the 310, installed new Garmin Glass and 3axis auto pilot.... I went with on one of the qualification flights.

Like NP with electronics, there was something really special about a Joe / Joey Pass powerplant. Normal service ceiling for that ship, isn't above 22,000 msl and climbing.

Quite a remarkable guy....focus, talent and kindness a hallmark of that family.

And the tie-in before I get accused of wandering off topic. The new Pass Labs facility is within rock throwing distance of the old "Pass-Time Aviation" The next generation of "Pass" is on field.

Cyclotronguy

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.