My troublesome Bride of Zen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I may get around to that Moosefet. I did check it out and thanks JPS!

I think I have done a bad thing: I hooked my BOZ to my California Audio Labs Alpha DAC and now it distorts badly. That DAC turns out to have a 3.5V output.

I am going to gladly accept vdi_nenna's invitation to build the BOZJ and then pay more attention to what I hook to it! Then I may just make a Moosefet :) So many flavors to choose from!

Many thanks to all on this thread. I may seem stupid and may act stupid but I don't stay stupid. It all sinks in eventually.

Cheers!

Zener diode on the gate is there to prevent an over-voltage that could damage the MOSFET so it's it's not likely that the MOSFET is damaged.
There is a possibility that you soldered that Zener diode the wrong way. Also the Zener diode could be damaged.
Anyway, first thing to do is to change the position of the pot from the output to input and see what you get.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.