Aleph P 1.7 Volumecontrol Output-imendance question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello DIY-A World ;)

At first, excuse my bad english please. I have here the boards and almost all parts lying around for building a lsqr3 (here an Link, unfortunately in german ) and for the aleph p 1.7 preamp (Veteran´s Bords). Now I have any questions:

1. Harmonize these volume attenuator bords ( is set up as a 10k version)?

2. I has read that the attenuator after the amplifier stage comes,

3. the input impedance of the lsqr is always constant if I read correctly , the output impedance as well? How behaves the normal potentiometers potentiometers or shunt ? Since it is actually the output impedance less if more " turning up " .

4. The output impedance , I know 0-800 Ohms unbalbal. but how to calculate it? The optimum at source and sink was supposed to be 1:10. Where is my mistake?

Best Regards

Thomas

Sorry for, if it is an stupid question ;) But its my first preamp and my first device from Mr. Pass

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
even if I generally have idea what you are asking , small details are still above my head , mostly because of difference of your's and mine Engrish :clown:

try to contact any of older Greedy Boyz* from Germany , they will be able to help you in both language and tech. answers

* meaning - Pass Labs Forum residents

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
you have two options :

- write here in Engrish , but add German too ; that will be perfect - I'm reading German so-so but , most importantly - Jaccolina is speaking German same as he is Generg's brother ;)

-send personal message to any of mentioned members , having German flag

I think i know what you mean.

to 1. yes you could use this boards together i have done this too.
I have 5k behind the aleph but 10k should work to
had tryed 10k behind the bosoz worked also
(Ja... läuft tu es :D)
to 2. you can do it both ways in front of the aleph ore behind

to 3. should be correct what you sayed
to 4. so far i know 0-800ohm is with the org. aleph attenuator.
with lsqr3 at output you should have same impedance like your lsqr3

hopefully i could help with my terrible english:D

Hello DIY-A World ;)

At first, excuse my bad english please. I have here the boards and almost all parts lying around for building a lsqr3 (here an Link, unfortunately in german ) and for the aleph p 1.7 preamp (Veteran´s Bords). Now I have any questions:

1. Harmonize these volume attenuator bords ( is set up as a 10k version)?

2. I has read that the attenuator after the amplifier stage comes,

3. the input impedance of the lsqr is always constant if I read correctly , the output impedance as well? How behaves the normal potentiometers potentiometers or shunt ? Since it is actually the output impedance less if more " turning up " .

4. The output impedance , I know 0-800 Ohms unbalbal. but how to calculate it? The optimum at source and sink was supposed to be 1:10. Where is my mistake?

Best Regards

Thomas

Sorry for, if it is an stupid question ;) But its my first preamp and my first device from Mr. Pass

Hello Danger, Danke ;)

when the Impendance of the volume attenuator is constant (input 10 K and Output 10 K) maybe its better to use it before the Aleph-P-stage? I hope the output imedance of the Pre is lower in this way, because 10k Outputimedance is very high to drive longer cables (inputimbedance of used Poweraps is 20k).

What are the cons when i do this?

Regards

Thomas

Hello Danger, Danke ;)

when the Impendance of the volume attenuator is constant (input 10 K and Output 10 K) maybe its better to use it before the Aleph-P-stage? I hope the output imedance of the Pre is lower in this way, because 10k Outputimedance is very high to drive longer cables (inputimbedance of used Poweraps is 20k).

What are the cons when i do this?

Regards

Thomas

or if its not so good to see

after the input selector from the LSQR3 you have the possibilitiy to loop in the aleph ore something else

(from the lsqr3 to the aleph p and back to the lsqr3)

...some have it some not...
...if you have problems with distortion with the preamp try 221ohm at input from the aleph p worked wonders in my case.

from service manual:

Distortion < 1% THD

Max Out 20 volts rms.
bal out 10 volts rms. unbal out :D:D:D

-if i remember right ask generic he maybe had made some messurements

-or build this pre, mostly you will not regret :D:D:D

only thing you maybe think about if you have a clone is:
-> will the orginal AlephP sound better? :D:D

this can drive you :rofl::deerman::spin::deer: nuts :D:D:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.