F5T psu caps for the diyaudio psu board? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st January 2014, 12:48 AM   #1
sibbeli is offline sibbeli  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Default F5T psu caps for the diyaudio psu board?

Hi!
I am planning on building a F5T V2 and I am going to use the boards from th store, but, there are only place for 4 caps per rail.

As I understand it, I need 80,000uf per rail, and I have some problems in what kind of caps to use and where to get hold of them in Europe.. I have seen those big can caps, big as hell but looks solid and manly.

I would like to use those kind of caps, but any cap that will work with psu board and is of good quality is what I need.

where can I find them?

Someone that feels like giving a short lecture on psu caps, please?

Another question, will fetaudio parts kit work with diyaudio boards or are there difference between parts?

It would be easy for a beginner as me to buy his parts kit and use with diyaudio boards.

If it ain't possible to do so, where do I turn to get all the parts from? In Europe, I don't know what shops to go for parts.

Is there any BOM for the diyaudio boards available or do I hva to make one myself with the pdf of the F5T from the master himself?

Sorry for newbie Q's but I do need help regarding psu, would be nice with a pdf regarding class A psus. Sorry, got one, will read it now.. still need help with the other questions, please amigos!

Best wishes, and I hope all of you get a better year than the last one!
Old 1st January 2014, 05:42 AM   #2
delecoy is offline delecoy  United States
diyAudio Member

Spencer with Fetaudio is an excellent source.

I bought these to build a multi-purpose psu:

ECE-T1HP333EA

Which yields far more than the 80k per rail needed, at a pretty good price per uF. Don't know about sourcing them in Europe, though. Just food for thought.
Old 1st January 2014, 12:24 PM   #3
Mallard is offline Mallard  Germany
diyAudio Member

Sibbely, in Europe you can by from Mouser or DigiKey, they have almost everything you need.

I just finished my F5T V.2 PSU with the Mlytic caps from Mundorf, they're not the cheapest ones but well known for good audio quality.

Regarding BOM for the the diyAudio pcb, search for it in the forum, I guess it was in the "F5 Turbo Circuit Board" thread... there you'll find the latest BOM.
Old 1st January 2014, 06:01 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

There's so much choice. It's a matter of taste and budget. I use to fit Mundorf, Epcos Sikorel,
Krummer, Fischer & Tausche, BC and Panasonic, while prefering the 105 and 125 Sikorels on
a Class A amp.

Hide this!Advertise here!