F5T psu caps for the diyaudio psu board?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!
I am planning on building a F5T V2 and I am going to use the boards from thé store, but, there are only place for 4 caps per rail.

As I understand it, I need 80,000uf per rail, and I have some problems in what kind of caps to use and where to get hold of them in Europe.. I have seen those big can caps, big as hell but looks solid and manly.

I would like to use those kind of caps, but any cap that will work with psu board and is of good quality is what I need.

where can I find them?

Someone that feels like giving a short lecture on psu caps, please? :)

Another question, will fetaudio parts kit work with diyaudio boards or are there difference between parts?

It would be easy for a beginner as me to buy his parts kit and use with diyaudio boards.

If it ain't possible to do so, where do I turn to get all the parts from? In Europe, I don't know what shops to go for parts.

Is there any BOM for the diyaudio boards available or do I hva to make one myself with the pdf of the F5T from the master himself?

Sorry for newbie Q's but I do need help regarding psu, would be nice with a pdf regarding class A psus. Sorry, got one, will read it now.. still need help with the other questions, please amigos!

Best wishes, and I hope all of you get a better year than the last one!:)

Spencer with Fetaudio is an excellent source.

I bought these to build a multi-purpose psu:

ECE-T1HP333EA

Which yields far more than the 80k per rail needed, at a pretty good price per uF. Don't know about sourcing them in Europe, though. Just food for thought.

Sibbely, in Europe you can by from Mouser or DigiKey, they have almost everything you need.

I just finished my F5T V.2 PSU with the Mlytic caps from Mundorf, they're not the cheapest ones but well known for good audio quality.

Regarding BOM for the the diyAudio pcb, search for it in the forum, I guess it was in the "F5 Turbo Circuit Board" thread... there you'll find the latest BOM.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.