f5 no voltage through R11 R12

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to all. I've built my new F5 power amp but I can't measure voltage through R11 and R12. I've found few errors Q5 and Q6 were placed in ebc cbe wrong position and my soldering iron had 30-40v on the tip. The rail voltage is ok 23.5v. Is the ground wiring important in this step. Can an error in grounding affect the voltage? Following a guide I've added 2.2k resistor to R3 and R4 but...

Attachments

• DSCN1314.JPG
    DSCN1314.JPG
    215.1 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCN1316.JPG
    DSCN1316.JPG
    215 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCN1317.JPG
    DSCN1317.JPG
    214.1 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCN1318.JPG
    DSCN1318.JPG
    211.6 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCN1319.JPG
    DSCN1319.JPG
    212.5 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCN1320.JPG
    DSCN1320.JPG
    211.8 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCN1321.JPG
    DSCN1321.JPG
    213.1 KB · Views: 59
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
post exact schematic you're reffering to

your soldering is somewhat messy - wires needs more solder , additional resistors aren't looking as soldered at all

besides that - with repeated color of wires , one need to have extensive experience , to not mix things

confirm both PSU polarities present on pcb , same as proper gnd from PSU

confirm that you mount functional Jfets on pcb ;

from where you purchase them ?

cviller 2.0 boards and JojoD818 build guide;
about the colors in this step I'm wiring only v+ v- gnd
Are you coming out from my usb port? Now I do have voltage and mosfet are warming!!!
Perhaps I really needed more ohms and at first the resistors were badly soldered. Now when I put full voltage to the board the voltage through r11 starts from 0.3v and rapidly goes up to 0.5. Then I disconnected the voltage cause the trans are not heatsinked. I have to solder the resistors to mount the board. Can I keep these resistors values?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
keep new resistor values - trimpots are dominative

check all solder points , check isolation of mosfets from heatsink , when you finish mounting

be sure that they're screwed firmly

find any of F5 biasing procedure tutorials , and read it several times - please

ground inputs during entire setting procedure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.