Some pics of my P2P alephP (work in progress)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

Here are som pics of my alephP. I'm not sure if I can recommend doing this P2P as it has given me several headaches so far. Looks like a birds nest, I know... :)

Hope everyone had a good X-Mas!
/Niclas

Attachments

• bosoz2.jpg
    bosoz2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,182
Netlist wrote:

Looks like my P2P! :D

Netlist wrote:
It will all take us a long way to achieve Peter Daniel's P2P. So don't worry

I'm not worried. Maybe Peter Daniel does his P2P too good! The unnormal symmetry pics up radio stations and such which is why he prefers the sound of his gainclone to zens and alephs! (No offence meant Peter) :cool:

And here's the overview of whole thing. As you see, the circuit doesn't take much space and everything including pot is mounted to a rear panel. The coupling caps suppose to be between rear panel and heatsink assembly. The rest of chassis space will be devoted to PS only.

I was planing on 2 inputs only, switched by relays (one per channel)

Attachments

• ap1.jpg
    ap1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,017
Niclas

It looks nice ,but I think too many parts are flying in the air,swinging and vibrating on their legs.Try to stiffen as much parts as possible ,becouse it might not work good (I have some expirence in p2p).
Try to glue those big electroilityc and foil caps to this brass bar,that's for sure.

Bartek

Bartek - great advice and a motivator for me to try the rebuild of my I-sourced BOSOZ without the perfboard "training wheels" this time. ;)

What gauge wire did you use in the pictured circuit? I'm guessing that helps with the stiffness of the frame a great deal.

Erik

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.