Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

ACA illustrated build guide
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd April 2017, 08:28 AM   #131
kapalin is offline kapalin
diyAudio Member

Ok values of R7,R8 and R14 does not measure correctly, let me change those and update you all. Thank you.
Old 22nd April 2017, 04:23 PM   #132
kapalin is offline kapalin
diyAudio Member

No luck, the output resistor R14 does not measure to 1K it always show as zero value when connected. Before connecting I get 0.98k, not sure why this behaviour.
Old 22nd April 2017, 06:33 PM   #133
Zen Mod is online now Zen Mod  Serbia
Official Court Jester
diyAudio Member

check for shorts , especially if you have big washers underside the pcb
Old 17th August 2017, 12:19 PM   #134
apaulr is offline apaulr  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi everyone. Is it normal to get "thump" from the speakers when the amps are turned off? My Tannoys are very efficient and they sure exaggerate this sound . Should I be concerned?
Old 17th August 2017, 12:38 PM   #135
Zen Mod is online now Zen Mod  Serbia
Official Court Jester
diyAudio Member

naah ...
Old 17th August 2017, 05:19 PM   #136
Eric is offline Eric  United States
diyAudio Member

I have two ACA builds, one makes a small thump at power off, the other doesn't. I've attributed this to the specific laptop power brick that each uses since they are different. Everything else is the same.

As for why kapalin's build doesn't work, check a few things. Make sure you have no cold solder joints. Make sure you didn't mix up Q3 and Q4 locations. Double check each pin on both mosfets with your DMM to make sure there is not something grounding them to the heatsink. Each should measure as an open loop. Also, check your screws/nuts where the PCB is mounted to the sink to make sure nothing is grounding or allowing a resistor tail to hit the sink.

The beauty of this circuit is its simplicity. It makes trouble shooting easy compared to the more complex designs because there are fewer things to check.
Old 21st August 2017, 10:21 PM   #137
tipatina is offline tipatina  United States
diyAudio Member

RCA Jacks: Has anyone noticed the RCA jacks are relatively shallow? I can't get any of my RCA cables all the way in. They do go in enough to work though.

Power Supplies: Has anyone built or bought 17V linear power supplies for these? Did it make an audible difference?
Old 15th May 2018, 08:19 PM   #138
SHN is offline SHN  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I've attributed this to the specific laptop power brick that each uses since they are different. Everything else is the same.
So are you actually using a 24 V laptop PS on the 5 W amp? I am planning on using one of my old 24 V/4.7 A laptop power supply on my ACA 1.5 5 W amp in order to boost it's output to 6 W but I am not sure if that will cause any problem.

ACA illustrated build guideHide this!Advertise here!