BUZ900 Series MOSFETs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I did a search for the BUZ900 series MOSFETs, but I couldn't find what I was looking for. I apologize in advance if this is a duplicate. I can't imagine why this hasn't been debated before!

What's the opinion on using the BUZ900 series MOSFETs for the Zen amps?

I intend to build a zen.v.4 in March to go head-to-head with my 10 watt tube amp.

Therefore, my thinking of using the (sometimes) highly regarded BUZ transistors.

I'm certainly not double-guessing Pass's work (at least not in this area, however, I’ve never tasted his cooking).

If he's tried the BUZ900 (note: have you?) and was dissatisfied, then there ya go, that's all ya need to know. His article in Jan 2004 audioXpress makes it clear that the output device selection is important. The BUZ900 probably isn't what he's looking for commercially - his business case probably likes IRF a lot better (NYSE: IRF at $48.18). Therefore, maybe because Pass Labs can't build a business case using the BUZ900, he hasn't fully evaluated it.

That's what DIYers are for...

He's got his "horde of minions" ;), so I can't imagine that someone hasn't tried 'em yet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.