Upgrading the by-pass Caps for Aleph 30

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody

This might be old hat for most of you guys but I made a small tweak which made a quantum difference in my DIY amp's sonic performance.

I initially replaced the ERO 1yF cap with a a Theta cap. The tops were stunnly clear and very fast. After one day I tired of the sound and then replaced it with a Sonicap and walla what a total transformation. The midrange and bass definition sounded so much better. It is hard to believe that a single cap can cause such a transformation.

Now if anybody knows how I can get the bass on this amp to sound tighter I would be all ears.

X-mas wishes to all

Jozua

Bypass caps for Aleph 30

Hi

My amp has three by-pass caps per channel on the PSU. I do not have the circuit diagram for the amp and simply replaced what was already soldered on. I suspect it is C8. I also upgraded the C7 but is made the amp to warm (valvy-sounding) for my liking.

I am now wondering what would happen if one upgrades some of the other parts was well. The amp already has a 600 Va transformer and about 60.000 mfd per channel.

Overall I am very impressed with the sound quality.

Jozua

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.