GFA-535 bias pot wattage rating?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One of my GFA-535's has a bad bias pot ( VR601 in the service manual ). Being a noob to DIY I have no idea how to calculate the rating. The service manual doesn't list it. I already purchased the only Bourns single turn pots close to the range needed that would fit the space ( Mouser is close, and they were cheap ), but just want to be sure before putting them in. If they're wrong - into the hoard they go:).

New ones:

3362F-1-202LF Bourns | Mouser

Old and new ones side by side:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/delecoy/GFA-535biaspots.jpg

Well......installed the new bias pot. The old one failed while adjusting....the bias went up very quickly. Now when trying to bias up the right channel the "instantaneous distortion alert" light on the front comes on before it reaches 5mv. Seems something may be cooked...though the amp didn't emit any foul odors or smoke when the bias on that channel ran away very briefly. It was powered off immediately.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.