Illustrated guide to the 4U deluxe Chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Excellent guide! Thank you.

I recently put my F5 boards into a 4U chassis. Your guide would have been helpful. If you are planning to add the front panel handles, please see my post #209 under the store chassis discussion. Not a simple operation. Really requires a steady drill press and high quality drill bits. Plus, the countersinks may need to be drilled out a bit. Issues with included screws.

One suggestion to your build guide. The front panel is packaged in a heavy cardboard sleeve. I cut the front off of the sleeve and attached it the front panel with painter's tape. That protected the soft aluminum from scratches and damage during assembly.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I cut the front off of the sleeve and attached it the front panel with painter's tape. That protected the soft aluminum from scratches and damage during assembly.

Great idea! I will have a number of photos to post, and will include that. :)

I wish I would have done that with another project - I have a nice round scratch on the faceplate of a preamp project where the work got away from me in the drill press...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.