LSK pre - BAF 2013

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Thanks Juma,

No i intend to use your PSU.
With pre regulator isolated from cap multiplier, this will be in same pcb as preamp and buffer...it seems JC also likes this arrangement.

This is just because the box I've got is from an old Granger aeronautical transmitter...very small and compact, cast alu with internal division in the center....just right i think.

I'll post pictures when done. :cool:

Here is an SMd version I am goign to have made. I have chosen to do the rectification section differently, as I will use a different transformer with dual windings. Want to try full dual mono as this is DIY and excess is the nature of the game. Super low noise stage should use low noise smd and susumu RG will be my choice.

Attachments

• LSK Pre SMD.png
    LSK Pre SMD.png
    191.9 KB · Views: 2,538
Last edited:
... a pot at the output...

Be careful with it:
1. have in mind that pot's total resistance will be in parallel connection with the resistor that sets the gain.

2.Your preamp will always work in full throttle mode so louder recordings or high level source component will drive it into clipping and you won't be able to do anything about it with the pot at the preamp's output...

3. buffer becomes mandatory after the pot since the 10k pot will (in worst case - at middle resistance position) represent 2.5k series resistance to the next stage (power amp)

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Nelson did suggest a pot on the output - I remember as it was I who asked. I think it's on the video...

The pot on the output has the advantage of attenuating the circuit noise as well - cool!

I like Juma's ideas, especially with the BJT on the output, and the buffer.