Ultrasimple SIT PP amp from BAF , or SIT Beast with a Thousand PSUs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Instead of attenuating in the analogue domain in a preamp with a pot / resistor ladder you could attenuate in the digital domain before the DAC and skip the preamp altogether. As long as your gain structure is OK it's a technically better solution.
Yep i know ...that's what i do in my buffalo DAC.

But i need a workhorse Preamp for generalistic use and this seems ideal to get rid of that question of which pot to use.

after all if it is good enough for NP:worship:....it has to be good enough for the rest of us.

just arrived :D:D

Attachments

• DSC01143.jpg
    DSC01143.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 511
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Just about to start assembling the Aleph J, for which I have all the parts for now. I have also received a set of SITs and the Transformers. How much heat sink will be needed for this project? Heat sinks, and projected volume for the multiple PSU modules will help the case consideration.

Just about to start assembling the Aleph J, for which I have all the parts for now. I have also received a set of SITs and the Transformers. How much heat sink will be needed for this project? Heat sinks, and projected volume for the multiple PSU modules will help the case consideration.

If I've understood correctly each SIT dissipates ~ 30-45 W so both will dissipate about as much but slightly less than an Aleph J.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.