Best solder and wire for Pass diy amplifiers ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• cabling.png
    cabling.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 367
  • twisted solid copper.jpg
    twisted solid copper.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 364
  • twisted.jpg
    twisted.jpg
    448.6 KB · Views: 369
  • twisted soldered.jpg
    twisted soldered.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 356
I don't agree with everything JC says but I am not going to waste my time arguing with him.

With respect to soldering, nobody is arguing with him. He described a methodology for cleaning leads which he introduced to techs building some product to produce product which looks prettier. He also mentioned their surprise on the procedure he showed them.

I pointed out the problems that can result, why it could be a problem, and how to solve the look issue while maintaining metallurgical integrity.

No arguing. A simple discussion of chemistry, metallurgy, process control, and visual criteria for soldering.

BTW, most large companies, especially ones where critical equipment is made, will not allow an electronics designer to simply walk into the production line and modify how the techs perform their work. There is a very good reason for that. More cases than not, problems will result down the line, either short term, or long term.

jn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.