Best solder and wire for Pass diy amplifiers ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Lead free ?

Attachments

• KESTER%20SOLDER-%2024-7068-6401.jpg
    KESTER%20SOLDER-%2024-7068-6401.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 433
right now in France is a nice temperature for make some trekking.Hope Your daughter can see nice vue in small villages and apreciate local food chees and bread " la baguette au levain".Many old churches,castles.Draguignan in south of France is a beauty destination.
Welcome in France!
Thanks a lot Stuey for friendly diy consulting
Best regards

That's good to know about Draguignan! My pleasure with the consulting... :)

Last edited:
Lead free ?
I won't give that shelf room.
I certainly would not buy it for electrical work.

If I read the data correctly looks like it says Sn 96.5%, Ag 0.3% Cu 0.5%
But does not specify the remaining 2.7%. Or does the missing 2.7% mean that all the data is very approximate !!!!!

I don't have my solders data to hand, so can't confirm temperature, nor if it's a eutectic.

I won't give that shelf room.
I certainly would not buy it for electrical work.

If I read the data correctly looks like it says Sn 96.5%, Ag 0.3% Cu 0.5%
But does not specify the remaining 2.7%. Or does the missing 2.7% mean that all the data is very approximate !!!!!

I don't have my solders data to hand, so can't confirm temperature, nor if it's a eutectic.

It's 2.7% lead; only the label is lead free... ;)

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I am like many sunday diyers now i must change to higher quality of solder station.
Weller or Hakko brand with temperature regulation.
Your fetish solder station?:D

There are many choices, I ended up with 2 different Hakkos, A 936, and a 929.
Both have worked very reliably and I have no complaints. For my hobby purposes only uses, this is plenty.

Russellc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.