Another Pass "reproduction" on Ebay - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd September 2013, 03:42 PM   #31
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

that's logical

you're longer around the trunk

Old 3rd September 2013, 04:12 PM   #32
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6L6 View Post
That's the issue. You sold them. It doesn't make a bit of difference if you made money or lost money, you held out a sign saying "I will build you a Pass amp".

Regardless of profit, that is a commercial venture, and this community respects Mr. Pass by not doing exactly what you have done.

So if you are wondering why there is such comment and general unhappiness about your actions, that is the reason.
6L6. Your note highlights long range valuable guidance:
  • Any entrepreuneur must seek the blessing of Mr. Pass. Maybe it is not too late for Charly 1 or future other to do so. This opens up a mutual commercial opportunity for both parties.
  • DIYers of the Pass Labs Forum hold Mr. Pass dear to heart, highly respect him and appreciate him and his work. We all value and guard his reputation. This has led to unspoken allegiance, and absent conflict of commercial interest etc..This unspoken rule do not scale up FW amps for commercial use needs to be spelled out repeatedly, and maybe enforced.
Old 3rd September 2013, 07:32 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charly1 View Post
Right Here I am RFWA1

Charly1. My post is unsolicited coaching to promote constructive dialogue. Please note the following:
  • Discuss with Mr. Pass; because your ad suggested that your activity is continuing.
  • The title you used to promote your product "Nelson Pass F5 Power Amplifier" is not accurate, and may be perceived by its buyer into believing it is so; which maybe construed to be a grey area of inadvertent deceit. There can only be one F5 power amp; that made by Mr. Pass. The hundreds which have been assembled todate by DIYers including yourself are diyF5s. No DIYer can proclaim in good faith its diyF5 is a Nelson Pass F5; because it is not.
  • Mr. Pass is known worlwide. His name Nelson Pass is intellectually and commercially invaluable. Using his name without his permission is enabling you to inadvertently prosper by it; riding on his coat tails so to speak. What's in it for Mr Pass? I hope that you have intrinsic fairness to resolve this. Besides you are setting a questionable precedent which may be practiced by others.
  • The pcb picture of 7 for your product shows an acknowledgement to Mr Pass. I feel it is OK to keep it for personal use of diyF5; but I question you showing it; because you are again inadvertently riding on his reputation to push the sale of the product.
I hope that you'll ponder your human elements of fairness, accuracy true/ false. pride, and right/wrong vis a vis your product.
Old 3rd September 2013, 07:44 PM   #34
WalterW is offline WalterW  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAm Man View Post
(It would NOT have received an official Zen Mod "fugly" rating!)
I once received a ZM "fugly" ...made me so proud

Last edited by WalterW; 3rd September 2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old 3rd September 2013, 07:58 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

Default Fugly here, too!

I too have received a "fugly" recognition from ZM for my F5 build. I hold that honor in high esteem....

(Let's not tell Zen Mod that we highly prize his recognition. It might go to his humble head.......)
Old 3rd September 2013, 08:00 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

If you DO build a Pass amp, and it "releases the smoke"--PLEASE send it to me, uncorrected and unrepaired..... I need SOMETHING to help control the mosquito's down here in the Florida Panhandle.....(!)
Old 3rd September 2013, 08:07 PM   #37
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinel View Post
Any entrepreuneur must seek the blessing of Mr. Pass. Maybe it is not too late for Charly 1 or future other to do so. This opens up a mutual commercial opportunity for both parties.
I can't seem to get the math right, on this argument. If Mr. Pass and First Watt market the F5 for $3,000.....what would compel him to a participate in a "mutual commerical opportunity" by lending his name and credibility to a poorly-fabricated clone/rip-off/reproduction/cheap copy, to get a small portion of a $1,000 sale?

Antoinel.....please let me know if you are available to do my 2013 Federal Income Tax return for me........

My head hurts. Onto other threads, and other "engineering" discussions.
Old 3rd September 2013, 08:25 PM   #38
diyAudio Member

Just taking peek at listing and it has been removed
IMO nice one for spotting it and report.

Messagge to Ebay reporting copy right infringment do help

I got a fugly 2 but me sure it was mistake
Old 3rd September 2013, 08:35 PM   #39
diyAudio Member

its still out there. he has a e-bay store with this thing listed. now at 1200AUD. it goes up and up and up. listed 5pc available.
Old 3rd September 2013, 08:37 PM   #40
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
Just taking peek at listing and it has been removed
IMO nice one for spotting it and report.
I reported it to eBay last night. Others might have, too.....

Bksabath....you do deserve that ZM "fugly" award, for your "over the top" amp construction. Nicely done.....

Hide this!Advertise here!