Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd September 2013, 01:32 PM   #21
Charly1 is offline Charly1  Australia
diyAudio Member

Right Here I am RFWA1 My DIY membership Charly1 Answer to all.
First the guy call AUDIO SAN. Remember as far as it work as ground where u connect is not a matter.
If u need to make sure my Engineering qualification send ur email I will send a copy.

Ok this is a answer for fist malfunction brain start this tread.

Yes I do audio amplifiers build and two way radio as hobby from years. How F5 came to me one day one DIY member in AUS came with a ugly aluminum box with dirty two PCB and cables,
I asked what is this Ahh U know this F4 amplifier from US paid 800USD and shipping. Right unfortunately I had not get pictures of that. Then I ask what is this and how etc research the F4 and found F5 build one and with all specs nope start Hum. change cables here and there. ( I used tubeshunter ebay PCB coz don't know how to buy DIY genuine PCB)
Right then bought the DIY genuine ones and made all work fine even I added a comment long ago how to get oV and .6V bias much easy buy using three volt meters. I have sold more than 8 amplifiers even last week orders new PCB set from DIY. So I can not understand what is the issue with the first guy and what he try to achieve with his wonderful starting I know I given good return seems he burn his ***. Thanks for the guys who talk positive and understanding. We say Dog can bark but mountains are stable.

Ah to other idiot who use word Rip-off. In Australia technician or Engineer charge 100AUD per hour for normal service. I spend more than 12 hours to make one amp plus Parts . Hope u learn mathematic in grade 3 calculate the profit and gain. talk some thing use full man?????
Old 3rd September 2013, 01:42 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

so it's okey to ground the amp thru the transformers center bolt??????
go ahead and belive that.
BTW. looking at all your posts, you are asking a lot of basic questions. i doubt an engineer related to Electronics would need to ask this.
he would also know that you never ground thru the transformer center bolt

Last edited by AudioSan; 3rd September 2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 3rd September 2013, 02:09 PM   #23
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

well , I'm not engineer ...... so I think then that's smaller crime that I'm stupid

stupid ZM

( also grounded to center bolt my first Donut equipped amp ; luckily , I was even more stupid - audio gnd wasn't connected to case/safety gnd , in any way ..... which , btw, is not having anything with bolt issue , per se )

Old 3rd September 2013, 02:11 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

hehe ZM. 2 stupids makes it right
Old 3rd September 2013, 02:40 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Mod View Post
stupid ZM

also grounded to center bolt my first Donut equipped amp ; luckily..... :
I remember my first high power (4 kw) HF radio amp, using a 3cx5000 tube. Several mistakes turned it into a welder, before I finally got it working. Besides "letting the smoke out", it also let out the sparks, fire, toxic smells, etc, etc. (It would NOT have received an official Zen Mod "fugly" rating!)
Old 3rd September 2013, 02:43 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Pass View Post
More importantly, the customers are missing out on the experience of
building their own, which is the true value of something like the F5.

better myself I could not have said.

hands on, brings schematics and theory to life.
hardware in the hands, is a rewarding accomplishment
letting the smoke out is a great learning opportunity
the music sounds great from a Pass amp--
--and even BETTER is you truly DIY.

(Thanks, Papa--for giving us the opportunity)
Old 3rd September 2013, 02:51 PM   #27
6L6 is offline 6L6  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charly1 View Post
I have sold more than 8 amplifiers
That's the issue. You sold them. It doesn't make a bit of difference if you made money or lost money, you held out a sign saying "I will build you a Pass amp".

Regardless of profit, that is a commercial venture, and this community respects Mr. Pass by not doing exactly what you have done.

So if you are wondering why there is such comment and general unhappiness about your actions, that is the reason.
Old 3rd September 2013, 02:52 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charly1 View Post

Here I am RFWA1..... I have sold more than 8 amplifiers.......
Quod erat demonstrandum (QED)
Old 3rd September 2013, 02:54 PM   #29
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

however - I promised to my self - when I become electronic engineer (next life , most probably) , I'll be able to construct my own amplifier ........ and sell it for grand , as favor to non-engineers

Old 3rd September 2013, 03:03 PM   #30
49 - for the 18th time
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Mod View Post
however - I promised to my self - when I become electronic engineer (next life , most probably) , I'll be able to construct my own amplifier ........ and sell it for grand , as favor to non-engineers

I bet that I can build amps that smoke more than your amps anytime....

Hide this!Advertise here!