Another Pass "reproduction" on Ebay - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd September 2013, 11:57 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

The "ur" in his eBay message extract (above posting) refers to me, based upon my initial eBay message to him (also posted above).

Mr. Pass--I admire your Ghandi-esque philosophy on misuse of your grey matter and company, but it just really irritates the "bejeebiers" out of me. Time for me to chill, with some nice Opus One and a cheese plate......
Old 3rd September 2013, 01:54 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Default hi 12B4a,

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12B4A View Post
Who or what is this "ur" he keeps talking about?

I believe if you use the word "your " = ur seems to fit,I didn't know it was You canam,I agree with you !
This is a bad thing but infringements have been going on forever,but you don't have to buy in to it,If you play right and ask nicely people on here , they will almost put it together for you and for free.
Some people don't care, they go with the idea if they can do it and get away with it, well it's ok,lol,
Wonder why our jails are full,
I had a boss like that and he couldn't understand why people screwed him over real often,lol.He thought it was a good business move to screw them,He fired me,I was happy to leave!,lol.
Best regards,
NS

Last edited by noSmoking; 3rd September 2013 at 01:59 AM. Reason: crossed posts
Old 3rd September 2013, 01:59 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAm Man View Post
The "ur" in his eBay message extract (above posting) refers to me, based upon my initial eBay message to him (also posted above).

Mr. Pass--I admire your Ghandi-esque philosophy on misuse of your grey matter and company, but it just really irritates the "bejeebiers" out of me. Time for me to chill, with some nice Opus One and a cheese plate......
CanAm Man. The open literature of F5 is free and available to the DIYaudio public. DIYer rfwa1 is mining it by providing a service to others who are not skilled in the assembly of kits; but need a taste of great music. This is a case of diy'ing by the expert proxy of DIYer rfwa1. I doubt the performance of his product amp will excel like an authentic one made by Mr. Pass. A while ago, DIYer OPC had a moving sale to include F5 he had assembled. I wanted it badly; but he sold it to another DIYer in Canada; most probably because of its high shipping weight to the US. Even today, I ask DIYers why don't you sell older diy FY amps you assembled and sit idle on shelves? Nobody wants to part with their FW diy amps! rfwa1 is transparent about his activity and his amp offering. It is what it is; namely a diyF5; a copy which was designed by the famous Nelson Pass. What else will he name it and claim it to be?
Old 3rd September 2013, 02:04 AM   #14
6L6 is offline 6L6  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinel View Post
rfwa1 is transparent about his activity and his amp offering. It is what it is; namely a diyF5; a copy which was designed by the famous Nelson Pass. What else will he name it and claim it to be?
As he is doing it for money, it is a commercial endeavor, and specifically prohibited by mister Pass.
Old 3rd September 2013, 02:39 AM   #15
The one and only

More importantly, the customers are missing out on the experience of
building their own, which is the true value of something like the F5.

Old 3rd September 2013, 05:35 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

he claims to be a "Radio communication Engineer" i realy doubt this. must be a useless one at best. since he actualy ground the amp thru the centerbolt of one of the transformers
Old 3rd September 2013, 05:48 AM   #17
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Old 3rd September 2013, 10:47 AM   #18
nr12 is offline nr12  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioSan View Post
he claims to be a "Radio communication Engineer" i realy doubt this. must be a useless one at best. since he actualy ground the amp thru the centerbolt of one of the transformers
I think his ears are not the best.
While builing the amp he did listen to J. Geils band:
Code:
CHORUS: 
My blood runs cold 
My memory has just been sold 
My angel is the centerbolt 
Angel is the centerbolt 
(Repeat)
Old 3rd September 2013, 12:06 PM   #19
Stuey is offline Stuey  Australia
diyAudio Member

I live about 10km from Westminster so know the neighborhood. Living there is punishment enough.

Last edited by Stuey; 3rd September 2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 3rd September 2013, 12:22 PM   #20
Neville is offline Neville  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr12 View Post
I think his ears are not the best.
While builing the amp he did listen to J. Geils band:
Code:
CHORUS: 
My blood runs cold 
My memory has just been sold 
My angel is the centerbolt 
Angel is the centerbolt 
(Repeat)
ROFL..now thats funny

Mr Pass is right....I was at first was so confused and concerned with my first attempt at building a Pass amp but now that I am close to assembling it, every day goes by and I am giddy with excitement. Steered in the right direction by the kind folks here on this forum, it is an experience I will not forget.

Hide this!Advertise here!