Aleph J illustrated build guide

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
The general idea is to use as small as works, but I've tried 47 to 680r, and haven't ever heard a difference. I have, however, had a not stable amp become more stable with higher values.

I normally use 200r, but only because it's a bit of an odd value and I have a bunch of really nice Mil-spec Dales to use... :D

Higher input capacitance for the 250. If you try to replace 2 240s with 1 250 you will overheat the 250 trying to move twice as much heat out of one transistor. It will likely work with 2 sets of 250s per side but all bets are off in terms of stability, bandwidth etc.

I only need to replace irfp240 with 250 using the same number of devices, simply because I already own them.

Higher input capacitance for the 250. If you try to replace 2 240s with 1 250 you will overheat the 250 trying to move twice as much heat out of one transistor. It will likely work with 2 sets of 250s per side but all bets are off in terms of stability, bandwidth etc.

This is an exemple of their use in Aleph 3

Attachments

• PASS A3 MOD.png
    PASS A3 MOD.png
    84 KB · Views: 465
And the Aleph-J front end runs at less than 9mA. (Forgot to mention that.)

So it's not really possible by arranging something similar with irfp250 or simply using two 250 instead of four 240?
In case it be possible to use only two 250 (with the natural consequences on dissipation) should I change the value of the power resistors?

Attachments

• ALEPH 3 JFET.gif
    ALEPH 3 JFET.gif
    82.3 KB · Views: 429