need a suggestion for my power follower

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
this is my amp:
the Power Folllower

with IRFP140 , 2Amperes and 30 volt B+ , CHOCKE INPUT, in air - 30 mH - PSU mica coupling caps.:cool:

I wajnt know if your expert opinion, I can succesfully replace the current generator with a inductance .:confused:
Since the amp is only for > 300 Hz , I suppose the inductance will be more small, less THD on the highs, and more little and cheap( instead fullrange operation).
Am I right?
And it would be double the watts , am I right?:drink:

thanks for the help:)

paolo

Last edited:
Generally speaking, I think the answer is yes. It will of coarse not be the same Amp :D
Might I suggest something already tried? Have you heard of Pathos?
The flopping around of the PSU connection and bias could still be applied to this output stage.

Attachments

• Pathos.pdf
    66.1 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
I don't know about indispensable? You are the one that suggested an inductor in place of a current source. Maybe there is a language problem or I no comprendere?
The real importantance is in the construction and materials of that "Iron". You can search the forum. I have seen some threads regarding these amps but the question is, what core material and how is that iron made? A standard Hammond Mfg. E core will work but likely introduce distortions since they are mostly made for power supplies (50-60Hz) and not high frequencies? they will also physically ring under load. It is possible to make a huge inductor with air core from a 1000' roll of magnet wire. I suspect it would largely avoid the distortion and saturation problems :D

I don't know about indispensable? You are the one that suggested an inductor in place of a current source. Maybe there is a language problem or I no comprendere?
The real importantance is in the construction and materials of that "Iron". You can search the forum. I have seen some threads regarding these amps but the question is, what core material and how is that iron made? A standard Hammond Mfg. E core will work but likely introduce distortions since they are mostly made for power supplies (50-60Hz) and not high frequencies? they will also physically ring under load. It is possible to make a huge inductor with air core from a 1000' roll of magnet wire. I suspect it would largely avoid the distortion and saturation problems :D

excuse ME , YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. iT IS THE DIFFERENT DISPOSITION THAT MADE ME TINKING AT DIFFERENT DEVICE, I'M SORRY TO DISTURB WITH MY VERY POOR ELECTRONICS KNOWLEDGE..:cannotbe:

btw :THANKS FOR THE INTERESTING SCHEMAYTIC , BUT FOR MY POWER FOLLOWER 2007 AUDIODESIGNGUIDE.COM , WITH ONLY 2 AMPERES AND UPPER 300 hZ 6 dB /OCT HIGH PASS , WICH TYPE /SIZE/COST AND PERFORMANCE I NEED???:confused:

VERY THANKS FOR PATIENT AND HELP ME...
IF I CAN RE-CHANGE FAVOUR WITH A NEW X-OVER FOR YOUR SPEAKERS , I'LL DO IT FREE ;)

CHEERS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.