Aleph P 1.7 confusion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear friends,
This is my first post on this forum and I hope somebody will help me.
I just have finished Aleph P 1.7 and I will use it with my DIY Aleph 5.
But something strange is happening.
I have two complete separate boards, one for left and one for right channel.
On both boards I have ''hot'' and ''cold'' signal, just like on original schematic. If I understand correctly this should work like four separate channels,two on each board, but if I try to connect stereo version on just one board ( for example I put signal on hot ''in'' and nothing on cold ''in'') I can hear music playing on both outputs hot and cold, like two channels are mixing in one. So Input is acting like I have mono version but if I touch fets with my hand I can hear left and right separation.
Is this normal not to have two completely separate channels on one board?
Thank you very much for replays.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
what's wrong with some occasional brain activity ? *

if you're not able to distinguish stereo and mono pcb (be it balanced or SE , whatever) , how come that you're able to mess with mains voltage ?

point is - having all necessary info on your disposal , you certainly didn't do your homework ; that sort of behavior can be troublesome , but also lethal

however - if you want more help , put here more info ( and pics if needed) about your project - which pcbs you're exactly using , exact schematic etc.

* or you could end same as Mighty ZM , as Kiddoe , with smoked face and hair up to ceiling :rofl:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.