UK Aleph-X PCB orders - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th December 2003, 04:55 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Exclamation UK Aleph-X PCB orders

Hi, well I guess it would be quite easy for me to organise a single shipment to the UK for the boards and send them out from here. I have included a list of the UK people from the wiki, and if you are happy with me trying to do this, let me know by posting some feedback on here. Also, if I have missed anyone out, or if some people would rather not do this, still feel free to let me know.

Andrew.

jonclancy, UK, qty: 4 ,(1.1?)
Bigparsnip, UK, qty: 4
f.k.l.chan, UK, qty: 4
Brownlow, UK, Qty: 8
SineEra?, Uk, Qty:4
D3 wilkinson,UK, QTY: 2

Total, 26 boards.
Old 10th December 2003, 04:10 PM   #2
D3 is offline D3  England
diyAudio Member

Default uk Aleph x orders

Hi....... just to let you know that I have emailed my conformation + details directly to you...........

I have only ordered 2 boards........... I assume this will suffice for a single stereo amp.

I would also appreciate it if we could possibly source components as a group??? resistors, transistors + heatsinks we may be able to get better prices etc.....what are your thoughts?

Richard
Bolton
Old 10th December 2003, 04:46 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Yeah, I would be happy to try and get a group buy together for some of the other stuff.

I have been thinking for a while of ordering some large heatsinks from conrad in australia, as they are very nice parts and quite good prices, even when you factor in the shipping, so if some other people were interested, I might be able to organise getting everything in a single shipment to save on postal costs for those.

I'm not quite as sure about the transformers, as these apear to be quite a personal thing, depending on what output power you want. However, I can get a hold of twin 15, 18 or 25 volt, 300VA transformers for about 25 from work, as well as 30V, 625VA ones if you wanted to build something a little meatier.
Old 10th December 2003, 05:53 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up Thanks....

..for being the UK rep Andrew!!!

BTW the 1.1 is just asking if the boards are Version 1.1 or not.

In any case, I am going for the 4 pcbs to put away for a rainy day - which is about 30% of the year at the moment!!

Cheers

Jon

(Nr Swindon)
Old 10th December 2003, 09:04 PM   #5
SineEra is offline SineEra  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Smile Thanks

For taking this on.

Would be interested in some kind of group buy, though not sure as yet whether to build Grey's original or a higher powered version. It depends on if I bi/triamp the new speakers (still to be built!).

Quite exciting to be getting back into the DIY after an 18 year layoff. My original 75W maplin mosfets still going strong though I suspect that the PSU caps have deteriorated after this length of time. Still sounds better than my kenwood surround sound amp though.

Have made contact by email.

regards Simon
Old 11th December 2003, 01:17 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Right, good to see you guys replying here, that only leaves two more to get the lot for the uk.

I will keep everyone informed of things that are going on via this thread, as it is easier than sending out email to all of you. But, for now I don't have a lot more to say, so we'll just have to wait for something more interesting to happen.

Andrew.
Old 11th December 2003, 01:32 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Hi Andrew, i will like to get the PCB from you, thx.
Old 17th December 2003, 07:39 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Hi, now that the instructions for getting the boards have been posted, I want to start arranging the payment and stuff.

So far, it looks like I will be getting all of the UK boards appart from brownlow's, so the total postage of the boards to me in cambridge should only cost about $9, and when you add on the paypal charges, this comes o just over $102 for all of our boards (about $5.70 or 3.25 each).

Sp, if people would like to contact me about how they would like to pay me (Paypal prefered, but I can happily take cheques or bank orders, even cash if you want to risk posting it) I can send you a final amount (postage should be about two pounds for eveyone, and probably less but I will check this out before replying individualy to you all) to pay as well as the finer deatails of how to do so.

I am hoping to get the payment in for these by the tenth of january at the latest, so if you could all get back to me before then that would be great.

Andrew.
Old 18th December 2003, 06:46 AM   #9
D3 is offline D3  England
diyAudio Member

Default uk Aleph x pcb group order

Hi,
I have just added another 2 board's to the wilki order.......making my order a total of 4. I will be in contact shortly reguarding payment.

Please check out the heatsinks at the following link......maybe we could order a batch for the uk.............
http://www.ablcomponents.co.uk

D3
Bolton
Old 18th December 2003, 09:10 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Could be up for a heatsink group order - depending on quality and cost.

Andrew, let me know how much and I will PayPal you immediately.

Cheers

Jon

Hide this!Advertise here!