UK Aleph-X PCB orders

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, well I guess it would be quite easy for me to organise a single shipment to the UK for the boards and send them out from here. I have included a list of the UK people from the wiki, and if you are happy with me trying to do this, let me know by posting some feedback on here. Also, if I have missed anyone out, or if some people would rather not do this, still feel free to let me know.

Andrew.

jonclancy, UK, qty: 4 ,(1.1?)
Bigparsnip, UK, qty: 4
f.k.l.chan, UK, qty: 4
Brownlow, UK, Qty: 8
SineEra?, Uk, Qty:4
D3 wilkinson,UK, QTY: 2

Total, 26 boards.

D3

Joined 2003
uk Aleph x orders

Hi....... just to let you know that I have emailed my conformation + details directly to you...........

I have only ordered 2 boards........... I assume this will suffice for a single stereo amp.

I would also appreciate it if we could possibly source components as a group??? resistors, transistors + heatsinks we may be able to get better prices etc.....what are your thoughts?

Richard
Bolton
:D

Yeah, I would be happy to try and get a group buy together for some of the other stuff.

I have been thinking for a while of ordering some large heatsinks from conrad in australia, as they are very nice parts and quite good prices, even when you factor in the shipping, so if some other people were interested, I might be able to organise getting everything in a single shipment to save on postal costs for those.

I'm not quite as sure about the transformers, as these apear to be quite a personal thing, depending on what output power you want. However, I can get a hold of twin 15, 18 or 25 volt, 300VA transformers for about £25 from work, as well as 30V, 625VA ones if you wanted to build something a little meatier.

Thanks

For taking this on.

Would be interested in some kind of group buy, though not sure as yet whether to build Grey's original or a higher powered version. It depends on if I bi/triamp the new speakers (still to be built!).

Quite exciting to be getting back into the DIY after an 18 year layoff. My original 75W maplin mosfets still going strong though I suspect that the PSU caps have deteriorated after this length of time. Still sounds better than my kenwood surround sound amp though.

Have made contact by email.

regards Simon

Right, good to see you guys replying here, that only leaves two more to get the lot for the uk.

I will keep everyone informed of things that are going on via this thread, as it is easier than sending out email to all of you. But, for now I don't have a lot more to say, so we'll just have to wait for something more interesting to happen.

Andrew.

Hi, now that the instructions for getting the boards have been posted, I want to start arranging the payment and stuff.

So far, it looks like I will be getting all of the UK boards appart from brownlow's, so the total postage of the boards to me in cambridge should only cost about $9, and when you add on the paypal charges, this comes o just over $102 for all of our boards (about $5.70 or £3.25 each).

Sp, if people would like to contact me about how they would like to pay me (Paypal prefered, but I can happily take cheques or bank orders, even cash if you want to risk posting it) I can send you a final amount (postage should be about two pounds for eveyone, and probably less but I will check this out before replying individualy to you all) to pay as well as the finer deatails of how to do so.

I am hoping to get the payment in for these by the tenth of january at the latest, so if you could all get back to me before then that would be great.

Andrew.

Hi, I have had a look through the 100 series heatsink selection on there, and depending on teh prices there would probably be a few types that I would be interested in (all of them in 150mm lengths with black anodizing), I have listed tehm below, allong with their width and height dimensions, as well as their rating at 150mm in length.

159AB 150 X 160 X 40 - 0.45deg/w
165AB 150 X 300 X 40 - 0.36deg/w
166AB 150 X 125 X 50 - 0.50deg/w
177AB 150 X 300 X 83.5 - 0.23deg/w
195AB 150 X 300 X 84 - 0.22deg/w
196AB 150 X 400 X 84 - 0.2deg/w

Obviousley, prices would vary depending on the numebr of parts ordered, so if people were to say coppy the list and then add ow many of each they would be interested in (if any) for a particular type, then this would allow us to get a rough idea ont eh cost for each type if we were to go ahead and order only one of the pofiles in a large number. I personlay, would be quite ahppy to use any of tehm, but the 159, 177 or 195 would probably be best ofr me.

Andrew.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi Andrew

I am up for 6 boards, as I suppose I ought to get in on this AX thing at some point, although it will be a bit of a long term project...;)

I will add my order to the wiki, and drop you a line with my mobile number for payment details, as email is iffy at the moment.

Heatsink

Hi, thanks for looking @ the heatsinks................I am interested in the following:-
177AB 150 X 300 X 83.5 - 0.23deg/w x4 this may be ok if deeper @ say 250mm .... this may be very ecoonmic heatsink.

195AB 150 X 300 X 84 - 0.22deg/w x4

196AB 150 X 400 X 84 - 0.2deg/w x4 would prefer this

Ideally.......I would prefer a deeper section 150 is a little shallow....I would prefer say 200-250mm............what wattage are you aimimng for............

Richard
ps how do you insert.......the small thumbnail....of parsnip
:hot:

Hi, I have hopefully replied to few more of your mails by now and I have now got an updated list of orders which I will be placing in about a weeks time (you can see that below so feel free to tell me if there are any mistakes).

D3 as far as the heatsinks go, I was thinking about building two seperate chasis, with an active crossover, and two amp modules in each ofr bi amping, so I reaconed on getting about two lots of around 50W into each speaker, however, if I went for sections much over 150mm high, that stack for the amps might be getting a little tall for the missus to cope with (hence the interst int he 150's which I reackon would just be about acceptable).

As far as my picture goes, if you go into the main forum section you should be able to find a button somewhere that says user cp or something similar. o#Once you go into this there should be some sections on user settings and preferences, if you look for something that says avtar (if that is how you actualy spall it) you should be able to attach you very own little picture for yourself (mine came from about five minutes work in photoshop one day when I was bored).

jonclancy, UK, qty: 4 ,(1.1?)
Bigparsnip, UK, qty: 4
f.k.l.chan, UK, qty: 4
SineEra?, Uk, Qty:4
D3, UK, QTY: 4
pinkmouse, UK, Qty: 6

Total: 26

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.