Catching up on 15 years of PASSt projects...which amp to build first!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well Wooo hoooo!

After extensive web research and data sheet reviews, I find that the 2SJ75 and K240 I have are actually 2 each, matched of the 2SJ74 and K170 in a common metal housing. If I get stuck I could take these apart, although it would be a shame to ruin a perfectly good matched pair of these....

I'll keep looking for the discrete 2SJ74 and K170.

Cheers

Paul

Okay,

So I have reread all 2 lbs of paper and thought about your recommendations....and it looks like the F5 and the Aleph J to start with. I coincidentally just rx'd and email stating that DIY now has cct brds available for the F5 so I checked them out...and they are for V2 not V3 like I wanted to build...rats! :rolleyes: Has anyone done artwork/Gerbers for V3? I will search when I get home. I see the Aleph J brds are available which is great! I haven't found an actual A J builders thread, or even an article from NP specifically for the Aleph J, however I am sure it is out there but I just haven't spent enough time looking. Still out camping.

Now, for semi's, I have lot's of 2SJ175, 2SK240, 2SJ75, 2SK389 and 2SJ109 from previous projects, but no 2SJ74 or 2SK170's. Darn! Anyone have some extras you want to sell or know of sources? I also have some power MOSFETs from previous projects but again, will have to find them in all the boxes of stuff when I get home.

Cheers for now and THANKS all!

Paul

If you already have some 2sj109bl its worth to take a look at this homepage
AlephWiki : Aleph J
-But its all in german-

They have a pdf for etching the board by yourself and the pcbs are laid out for the 2sj109
I`ve build my J with the the layouts from there works pretty well.

You need two 2sk170 and two 2sj74 for the f5 ... Right ?

/ jesper

Hi Jesper,

Yes, I that is correct.

I'll check out the wiki link...and see if I can get Google to translate it for me. :)

Paul, have a great time in the Okanagan....it's going to be a scorcher today! I am out working in the shop, cleaning out that one room for my new audio lab. It's about 3/4 done......need to make a dump run.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Jesper,

Thanks! I found the link and google translated it fairly well. Nice site.

Thank you for the offer, but I should be able to find some in Canada/US. Shipping would be pricey from Denmark. I really appreciate the offer though. What I would like to find, ideally, would be a hundred of each so I can match them and have lots for future projects. I also want to build a preamp or two and envision using these as well.

Have a great vacation.

Cheers

Paul

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.