Short Stasis 3 question about DC leak

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Personally, I don't get too excited about DC less than 100 mV.

There are no offset adjustments.

It is possible to trim various resistor values to minimize the offset, but this
is only recommended for the experienced.

The schematic is attached.

:cool:

Attachments

• stasis2-3schem.jpg
    stasis2-3schem.jpg
    523.3 KB · Views: 160
Today my Stasis 3 amp started with letting med down.
The right channel now just deliver distorted sound and is useless.

Does anyone have any recomendation to what I can to to get it back in business? And is there a recomended set of components that should be upgraded replaced so it can continue to serve me in years to come?

Or is it ready for the trashcan? I really would like to get it fixed.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
not much except re-cap and checking condition of thermal grease under output biggies;

I'm always checking are biggies still tightly screwed to htsnks ...... well , when they aren't totally screwed :clown:

not that's probably issue in Treshold amp ....... and not that's easy to check in one

hm... maybe best solution for that sissy amp is - just ship it to OPLDF

:devily:

Thank you for answer :)

Shipping it from Norway through half of Europe would cost a fortune I assume... ;-)

One last question. I have the amp on service now. What is the recomended BIAS values? My repair man said that the BIAS on the left channel was about zero, and he thought it also was low on the right channel.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.