Cheap improvement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

one of my friends give me, may be a good idea, he said that he use a double wiring with each speaker, the idea is to separate the wires for the woofer and for the tweeter, the loudspeaker filter has to be modified to get two inputs, the improvement is a better quality of the medium and the higher frequencies because the current of the woofer do not disturb.
Did some of you try or use some thing like that ?
I attach a little draw.

Regards.
Yonnat.

Attachments

• bicablage.gif
    bicablage.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 401
also known as biwiring, but not 1/50 as affective as biamping with active filterts and without the passive filter in the speakers.

this really doesn't improve that mutch you know, and you get a more capacitive loud for your amp, witch isn't always a good thing.

Rudy

edited -> its biwiring not bewiring :p

I just biwired my PSB Image 4Ts with an AWG#14 to the woofers and my very neutral Cardas Crosslinks to the tweeter and midrange drivers. The bass is much better now and the highs also improved. I am using a Musical Fidelity X-A1 right now which I thought to be bass shy before. My Zv4 is still in the shop...I'll be biamping soon.:D

D3

Joined 2003
bi wiring

Hi just thought I would let you know my findings ........ I bi wired a set of very expensive warfdale speakers (original 708's foam laminate cabinets) the difference was not subtle......huge increase in headroom, more space, attack ............ just a far better speaker!!!! I took out the pcb x over and reset all the original components further appart and fixed an extra pair of terminals. Fantastic!!!! One of the best mods !!!
One other tip remove the crap mains plug and socket and replace with a small consumer unit...... that give a good improvement!

Good luck
Richard Bolton uk

(ps.....try a passive preamp):angel:

For D3 and Dw8083

Hi D3 and DW8083,

thank you for your replys.

D3, can you give me more informations about the small consumer unit ? I don't really understand what you mean, on my amp I put a Schänffer filter on the 220v input plug but I don't connect the earth.

Thank you and best regards.

Yonnat.

D3

Joined 2003
Mains power...... and things!!!!

Hi.....in the uk when the mains power comes into the house....you have a large fuse box which splits the ring circuits such as lighting,power etc.

I purchased a small single fuse unit with a 30amp switch this replaced the std 13amp plug completely and I also fitted a 5amp mcb circuit breaker instead of a std fuse (yuk! don't like fuses!!!)....

This made a real difference........it most lower resistance/impeadance etc........the difference in my set up was not subtle.....base was more solid and sound stage more defined.

This was not an expensive conversion....

One other thing try not to use dura plugs........... you end up with loads of fuses .......... in the power feed.....(yuk!)

The other thing to try is putting in a good earthing rod for your hi fi....... I have not tried this yet but there has been alot of talk about it here in the uk the results are supposed to be excellent.;)

I don´t know how much improvement biwiring can bring because the cable thickness of the cable going to the low frequency part is still the same.
I thicker cable or of correcter geometry would bring a much better improvement.
Of course bi amping has a lot better quality but at a higher price.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.