Starting to build my first F5 Turbo V3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mouser Electronics - Electronic Components Distributor

I bought the soft start and speaker protection boards from the DIY store. 2sc945, another obsolete transistor.

Should do fine, at least that's what I'am ordering, for T6 I will use MPSA06.

Referring to the datasheet, it's important tu order the "C" suffix version, otherwise you wil end up with an E-B-C part...not point in buying a fancy PCB if it's to fit trannies with tortured leads..

Attachments

• KSC945-57777-1.pdf
    43.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Well, I have all the boards done: Both channels, the power supplies, soft start and the speaker protection. Now, all I need is the toroid, case, plumbing, radiator, fans, thermal controller............I'm thinking that this is the fiscal half-way point.

Attachments

• IMG_2136.jpg
    IMG_2136.jpg
    783.6 KB · Views: 891
Joined 2012
Paid Member
2bz, I have these F5Tv3 PCB's also, but I didn't use them cause the MUR3020 diodes on the PCB are connected through a very small 0.5 mm 'via' from one side of the PCB to the other.
And I didn't think it would hold the large currents... Maybe you can solder a thicker wire across or something...
Sorry for informing you so late...

Walter

2bz, I have these F5Tv3 PCB's also, but I didn't use them cause the MUR3020 diodes on the PCB are connected through a very small 0.5 mm 'via' from one side of the PCB to the other.
And I didn't think it would hold the large currents... Maybe you can solder a thicker wire across or something...
Sorry for informing you so late...

Walter

Could you elaborate on this? Where on the PCb is this via? Thanks.

Multiple vias have lower impedance.

If lower impedance is required of this through board connection then the PCB designer should have included multiple vias.

Drilling a big hole through will not lower the impedance, it will only slightly lower the resistance.

Is there room on both sides to drill multiple 0.55mm through holes to solder in 0.5mm diam copper links?

Multiple vias have lower impedance.

If lower impedance is required of this through board connection then the PCB designer should have included multiple vias.

Drilling a big hole through will not lower the impedance, it will only slightly lower the resistance.

Is there room on both sides to drill multiple 0.55mm through holes to solder in 0.5mm diam copper links?

I believe that 2 more small vias could be drilled.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.