Starting to build my first F5 Turbo V3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been away from this project for a while but now I have all the components and have started putting together the frame/cooling loop. Thanks for everyone's help, to date. More to follow.

Attachments

• IMG_2262.jpg
    IMG_2262.jpg
    712.5 KB · Views: 990
  • IMG_2263.jpg
    IMG_2263.jpg
    730.9 KB · Views: 925
Well, you could argue that a lot people with high rail voltages and not enough heatsink are using this amp class a/b...

I don’t think the bass of this amp is particularly great and the rest is particularly lousy. I would more likely say it’s an amp that is more responsive to tuning (p3, bias, preamp matching) and psu (capacitance quality, chokes, etc) than most amps.

I am the OP on this thread and I know it's very old but I wanted to circle back. I never completed this build and the boards, PS, etc, are still on the shelf after 6 years. Unfortunately, life got in the way. I am now thinking about recycling the components into a 4-channel Firstwatt F5 amplifier v3. 25W x 4 to be used to drive 2-driver stereo speakers via an active crossover (digital signal processor). Doable? Will 4 channels fit in the DELUXE 4U ALUMINUM chassis?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.