BA-3 As Preamp

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Bias is now on the output boards - so you choose either single-ended or complimentary output. Add the FE to that and you have an amp.

You can get it from the DIYaudio store.

Or, you could use a BA-3 (or the other BA front end), or Pumpkin preamp, or Impasse Preamp to drive the BA-output stage directly.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Actually I said it from memory, and don't remember if it's separate or on the same physical board as the outputs, or on the FE board...

(goes and looks at BA- page...)

Yep, you are right, the bias section is a separate PCB that is packaged with the output boards. (It didn't used to be that way, the first BA had the bias on the Front-End (gain) stage.

All this talk about BA-amps makes me want to build a 6-pair/channel complementary amp...

THis enough?

Attachments

• Funny^output.png
    Funny^output.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 1,364
Nope. Level shifters like in normal BA3b. They are necessity, I believe, as the FE is heavily degenerated. Lower degeneration, add a cascode device, and you are probably ok. This v1 in a series of variations. Youll notice the cap is gone. I was going to use single supply, but since I cannot finish today, I will do a second. Go ahead and setup for dual mono final setup. CM and FC output are future revisions.