diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Pass Labs (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/)
-   -   Aleph 1000 design stage (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/234376-aleph-1000-design-stage.html)

n3szd 18th April 2013 10:38 AM

Aleph 1000 design stage

Since a lot of the bottlenecks have been ironed out I am ready to move to the next phase of this journey. Heat sinks are no issue, this whole amp (amp alone no p/s) will easily fit in a cheap rack mount, I now need to address parts. Specs are this: Rails= +200- (400v). Idle dissapation will be 4500watts per side. I do like the isotop mosfets, though I am not sure if they would be suitable for this build. So what am I gonna need besides wire and soldier? All suggestions welcome, and appreciated :D

n3szd 18th April 2013 10:43 AM

Also, if an sit-1/250 could share the outputs somehow, or anything, with the aleph, this would be remarkable, and it's what I want to hear. I dont need 2000wpc amp, For me I need a small one. Im sure others in the world want the big one, and badly! Can we do both at 1 time? I do know both will fit in that cheap rack....even if they were totally seperate. The sit-1/250 could be a later project too.

Nelson Pass 18th April 2013 03:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Single-ended Class A is a natural fit for lower power amplifiers, and push-pull
is appropriate to high power amplifiers.

I suggest you look at the simplified schematic of the Aleph 0, which would
allow you to combine low power single-ended bias with a more powerful
push-pull output stage.

:cool:

n3szd 18th April 2013 04:03 PM

Is it because I would need more than one gain stage? I already have the power supply spec, and price. Heat is not an issue. Can it be done?

I will look into the option but then I think we are looking at 1000's of watts rms, 5,000?
Thank you kindly master.

This aleph is my dream.

flg 18th April 2013 04:28 PM

Am I mistaken or are there now 2 cooling towers in your avatar???
:Pawprint:

AudioSan 18th April 2013 04:50 PM

he will need it. after all. he is going to have 9000W heaters. its going to be a hot room:D

n3szd 18th April 2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioSan (Post 3459464)
he will need it. after all. he is going to have 9000W heaters. its going to be a hot room:D

I forgot the other channel, it used to be one!!! Now it's up!!!. No heat in the room, nope, not unless I want some, or a hot tub, but no more coffee for me, Im still reeling from folgers woodstock

:cool:

n3szd 19th April 2013 01:20 AM

Take it to the limit

I will take this to the finish line, I have done a ton of research of what "can be", and now is time to show the world the real aleph 1000. At this point I don't care If I have to sell something or everything to achive the goal. To show the world what they have missed. Even if was for only recognition.

Yes, I do have a desire, to actually show the world what they have missed. I'm called crazy, "it's not worth it", why?

Simple, I was told by the creator, to build again, make something. I guess it never occoured that someone would push the limits set by convention. I never think with a calculator, I think of the "what if", To shake up the audio world, make them need "depends", and they will need them. I can do anything I set my mind to, a research expert as well.

Im ready to prove myself, and show the world, what they have missed all there lives. To give everyone that want's it "live".. To bring high power audio to the next level, like the world has never seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!, dare to dream, and dream to live. In the end, I will deserve some recognition, as a guy who thinks outside the engineers mindset "box". Hopefully I get the "GLORY!" That I will deserve..... Push the limit, rush limelight. now. Be youreself and rock ON!!!

To boldy go where no man has gone before... Bring it on! You will all be the winners!

You know where the avitar is going..................

MEGA_amp 19th April 2013 01:25 AM

Build it, take pictures, and keep a fire extinguisher handy.

n3szd 19th April 2013 01:50 AM

I don't need a fire ex. I wanna set the audio world on fire, and I've got the water to put it out. Call me sick or insane, but a 2000wpc aleph??? Really/// Hopefully I don't get death threats from anyone, cause the GAME IS OVER! They are all done for.... Pretty much any other company will wanna pay ransome. Gimme credit to push the limit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mr Pass kicks azz. Wait untill stereophile gets this to play with for a month....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BYOGH = Bring your own garden hose............... Oh hell yeah