A guide to building the Pass F4 amplifier

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I haven't built the F6 yet, the chassis is not quite done and still at the machinist...

The F4 is my favorite Pass amp so far, and by a wide margin. (But that is comparing Ferrari's, they are all wonderful...)

buzz really likes his F6, and I am very enthusiastc to give it a try.

But which is best? You have to build them all to find out. :) :) :) :) :)

I know I know :)

Just thinking out-loud :)

I guess it will be F6 for me first... but I really want to give F4 a try as well :)

Double SSLV BiBs powering BA3 on full dual mono and then driving F6 and/or F4 directly should be really interesting too :)

I just worry what coupling caps I will find to match the quality of the Russian FT3s on my DCB1...

Last edited:

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
valvesound -

I've run into bandwidth issues with the hosting site I use... I'm at the free limit and am not sure how I am going to proceed... Starting to pay for something has it's pitfalls as I would then have to pay indefinitely...

Anyway, the good news is that the Free limit is a monthly issue and will reset in a couple days (Anniversary of my joining day, not end of month, so it's an odd date...)

My suggestion is as follows;

Wait until you see everything again.
Save the page locally so you can view it off-line. -- This way you have it and are not at the mercy of photobucket.

I will do something in the near future to alleviate this problem. Probably a PDF and a re-make of the photo part of the thread and host all the photos locally. Like anything, it's going to take a bit of time.

There is a company called Rubicon that makes several styles of quality caps. I've used them alot in SMPs applications because they are the best bang for the buck compared to OsCons etc. They are however, the company that made Black Gate caps! And, I don't doubt you can find similar caps in their line without the Black Gate label that are the same caps. :D