Will linear deliver on promised lsj74

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So can these be used as a drop in replacement for the toshibas? I've seen some comments saying that while being good, they are not exactly the same as original toshibas and that some value adjustment might be needed
In amps most likely yes . In low noise places like mc first stage no. The noise is less with the tos. ones the ls are not quit as low noise. Where did you want to use them ?

I believe the standard measurement is; 10Vds, Gate shorted to Source, measure current. However you set up your "jig" or "test fixture", you should acheive the 10Vds and Gate shorted to the Source. Current source, 1K whatever. The 1K is convenient for measureing the current but you should adjust the Vds for 10V. The temp at which you do this is not always specified but generally understood by some to be 25C. Very difficult to achieve without an automated set-up, doing the measurement within about 500uSec of power-up.
:whip:

well i did it.
meter in series with the j-fet. 6 cells 225Ah 13.44 volt no charger on it during the test at room temp.
they all came out 1ma difference.

didn't believe it so i did the test measuring the Vdrop on the resistor.....after math.... the same, 1ma.

still didn't believe it. halved the resistor. the reading went up, but all the same 1ma.

here is how i did it.

power as stated. 1k resistor. fluke87V
all at .015/.016 A. and by the .015/.016 A i mean after a min or two it leveled out to bobbing between .015/.016 A.

halved the 1k and got .023/.024.

they look good to me.

i just cant figure out why the vgs is so different.??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.