diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Pass Labs (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/)
-   -   Funny ^6 (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/233101-funny-6-a.html)

buzzforb 30th March 2013 01:02 PM

Funny ^6
 
1 Attachment(s)
Rather than pollute the F6 thread:rofl:, I thought I would start a new one to document the build. It has started rough. The idiot who did the boards;), made multiple mistakes. I coorected them all and fires it up. I had oscillation. Realy didnt understand why, and then I spotted nother mistake. I had screwed up pinout of transformers as well. Original is inverting amp and mine was non inverting. Feedback was causing oscillation. Got iot switched and all is well. Here it is warming up. I will measure individual sides for distortion and then connect and measure balanced version. Don't expect speed from me. :clown:

flocchini 30th March 2013 02:10 PM

Looking good !!!!!

buzzforb 30th March 2013 02:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Playing Music. Balanced pLay will happen net week, as I have some TRs to XLR plugs coming in.

Antoinel 30th March 2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzforb (Post 3434126)
Playing Music. Balanced pLay will happen net week, as I have some TRs to XLR plugs coming in.

Great achievement. Happy Easter.

Antoinel 30th March 2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzforb (Post 3434126)
Playing Music. Balanced pLay will happen net week, as I have some TRs to XLR plugs coming in.

Great achievement. Happy Easter.

SRMcGee 30th March 2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzforb (Post 3434032)
Rather than pollute the F6 thread:rofl:, I thought I would start a new one to document the build. It has started rough. The idiot who did the boards;), made multiple mistakes. I coorected them all and fires it up. I had oscillation. Realy didnt understand why, and then I spotted nother mistake. I had screwed up pinout of transformers as well. Original is inverting amp and mine was non inverting. Feedback was causing oscillation. Got iot switched and all is well. Here it is warming up. I will measure individual sides for distortion and then connect and measure balanced version. Don't expect speed from me. :clown:

Buzz:

I'm just curious, this being a holiday where your family might want to gather together for a meal, where you'll be dining. The basement?

Regards,
Scott

Antoinel 30th March 2013 03:43 PM

buzzforb. May consider using an independent Jensen or equivalent to generate two equal amplitude and 180 degree out phase input signals for Funny^6 [like in diyF6] . It can also generate two equal amplitude and in phase input signals to determine the matching of both amps, and to adjust CLG where needed for one or the other.

N.B. This will present the opportunity to test and listen to Funny^6 both ways.

buzzforb 30th March 2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRMcGee (Post 3434166)
Buzz:

I'm just curious, this being a holiday where your family might want to gather together for a meal, where you'll be dining. The basement?

Regards,
Scott

Thats why balanced comes next week:D

@Anoinel. I have really good matches. Side to side VGS is within couple millivolts and similar current. It should match well. Sounds very clean but closed in. Most likely dominant 3rd, as goid matching is killing 2nd. Gonna add .1 up top to throw it off a little. It is up against tough competition. My F5T is REALLY dialed in.

Antoinel 30th March 2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzforb (Post 3434218)
Thats why balanced comes next week:D

@Anoinel. I have really good matches. Side to side VGS is within couple millivolts and similar current. It should match well. Sounds very clean but closed in. Most likely dominant 3rd, as goid matching is killing 2nd. Gonna add .1 up top to throw it off a little. It is up against tough competition. My F5T is REALLY dialed in.

I look forward to more of your results.

Andersonix 30th March 2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzforb (Post 3434032)
Rather than pollute the F6 thread:rofl:, I thought I would start a new one to document the build. It has started rough. The idiot who did the boards;), made multiple mistakes. I coorected them all and fires it up. I had oscillation. Realy didnt understand why, and then I spotted nother mistake.

Pine cones too close to heat sink?


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:04 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2