SIT Variations

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member

Attachments

• R085_load_line.png
    R085_load_line.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 602
R065 is depletion mode and similar to R085. Expect it to look similar with similar tracing conditions. The Cree come in May, acoording to Digkey or Mouser. Cant remember which, without looking. Cree is cheapest option, so hopefully it yields similar results.

Last edited:
I know, I guess the bigger question is about whether or not there are two parts. My understanding was, that the R065 was depletion mode, but as you both pointed, traditionally the E in SJEP, stands for enhancement. I was aware of this, just expecting the other. I find no datasheet on the SJEP065R55. Either way, if you look at the datasheet for the two, you see very similar characteristics. My curves for the R085 look like Mike's, but i am unable to go out as far as he does, due to tracer limitation. IF you are thinking to play with them, I have 4 R085 I can send with your boards. I nhave plans for them, but based on current work load, i want be getting to them any time soon. I thought a F1J using them as LTP seemed interesting. THats what I was going to try as well as single stage ACA.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
What kind of Donut would one need, spec wise? Gotta stare at thing for a while. :scratch: So the BJT LTP watches the output and manipulates CS for the SS LTP

huh

it's sometimes ( frankly - mostly ) hard to keep track with my self , so it's hard to know what I tried/tested , what I just drew , and what I'm just dreaming :clown:

you don't need servo , at least not for testing ; you can keep simple biasing mech. implemented in Magura's Donuts ( so , no servo ) and later build from that , if needed

I never had opportunity to polish that sch drawn for Magura , tempco wise , just because his amps are so ooking huge , having thermal capacity of nearest Lake to Jaccolina

if you insist going that way , I can sim it and be sure for 98%

I presume any 500VA ( and higher ) toroid is good for start , using 2x110V secondaries , to have split load choke

then - varying input signal ( or altering feedback or degeneration) of one side you can alter THD spectra

edit :

aha , tnx , yes , I'm ooking Genius

Attachments

• ZM-Genius.jpg
    ZM-Genius.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 605
Last edited:
Mr. dB,
The piezo is attached to a combination interface/cross-over /attenuator to form an integral self-contained super-tweeter unit.
Piezo drivers as super-tweeters is a sadly neglected topic of experimentation and consequently a rich vein to mine IMHO.
Hiraga did devote a couple of pages to piezos in 'Les Haut-parleur' with special mention of the Motorola unit.

Attachments

• DSC00469.JPG
    DSC00469.JPG
    689.8 KB · Views: 607
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.