Bi-amping Revel Ultima Salon 2
I currently have a pair of XA 160.5 amps and I'm considering the purchase of the Revel Salon 2 speakers. These speakers are relatively inefficient and known to be power hungry, so I'm thinking about bi-amping them if need be.
- Four-way, reflex-loaded, floorstanding loudspeaker. Drive units: 1" (25mm) beryllium-dome tweeter, 4" (102mm) inverted titanium-dome midrange driver, 6.5" (185mm) titanium-cone midbass driver, three 8" (210mm) aluminum-cone woofers.
- Crossover frequencies: 150Hz, 575Hz, 2.3kHz.
- Sensitivity: 86.4dB SPL/2.83V/m (4 pi anechoic).
- Impedance: 6 ohms nominal, 3.7 ohms minimum at 90Hz.
- Recommended power: not given.
If I were to run the mids and tweeters with the XA 160.5's, what would be the recommended Pass Labs amp(s) for the woofers?
Last edited by The Sandman; 27th March 2013 at 07:18 PM.