Super Symmetric [R] Balanced F5 - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th March 2013, 05:22 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Mod View Post
Antoinel , you're attaching trailer to dragster , hoping that it will be more stable and twice faster , in same time

however - SUSY is feedback based thing ; what you're intending is completely different ;

fact that's ineffective is of secondary importance

here's early EUVL's F5X ; there must be more readable schematics buried in the thread and maybe on EUVL's site

as you can see - solution is simple , effective and elegant

there are few other solutions to make bridged F5 SUSY , this one is published and covered as project for 158%

Thanks Zen Mod for the schematic, and your valuable comments leading to the following:
  • You know the published work of Mr. Pass like the back of your hand. I'll take your word to heart that my schematic in post #1 is not SuSy [R]. Thus, I apologize to Mr. Pass for wrongly using Super Symmetric [R] in the title, and SuSy [R] in this post.and the above. It follows that from this point forward ,I will not use the aforementionned words; and not reference US 5,376,899 either. It also follows that the new title of this thread is "A cross-coupled pair of F5s". It is a much better fit.
  • Experiments will determine whether this style of cross-coupling [post #1] affects the net performance of the bridge amp. You surprised me when you declared this approach to be ineffective.
I'll continue to nurture this thread with ideas and future experiments. Am I able to change the current title, or have to seek a higher authority[who]?
Or, I'll start a new thread which is entitled "A cross-coupled pair of F5s". I declare this current thread dead and obsolete ; meaning I will refrain from posting anything else in it.

Last edited by Antoinel; 14th March 2013 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Last tweak
Old 14th March 2013, 05:36 PM   #12
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.

may have been changed
I do not know
Attached Images
File Type: gif F5X balanced.gif (18.7 KB, 187 views)
Old 14th March 2013, 10:58 PM   #13
Murdoc is offline Murdoc  Germany
diyAudio Member

In EUVL's threads you can find many informations about this topic, some possible designs how to bridge and the reasons for their final solution. There's also a build thread, very excellent documented. (If I knew where all this info were, I'd have postet the links here).
Kind regards,
Matthias
Old 15th March 2013, 07:50 PM   #14
Blues is offline Blues  United States
Lightning In A Bottle
diyAudio Member

Antoinel, sometimes to get things done you need to maintain radio silence from diyA...then it's time to start a thread when you have results to share
Old 15th March 2013, 07:54 PM   #15
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

I'm maintaining my radio silence in da Pub

all the time

Hide this!Advertise here!